VINE VOICEon 2 October 2008
I have been a follower of the Triple CD 80's era 12" collections since the first one was released a few years back. This collection serves as a reminder of just how underrated the 90's are, and also how bland this period could be too, which ultimately leads to disappointment with this collection.

The set starts off strongly enough, but quickly runs out of steam and feels like the compilation team were scrapping the barrel a little. This isn't helped with the third CD of mainly Acid Jazz tunes some of which have not aged very well, and most of them havebeen available on other compilations for some time..

Overall I think the 80's era 12" collections are very good but this 90's 12"s collection show that the demise of the '12" remix' and the vinyl 12" single as a popular mainstream format began here, thanks to the increasing popularity of the CD single and an increase in downloading, and perhaps it is the lack of material from this period that limits this collection.
44 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 March 2016
There are a few classics and more unusual tracks to grab the attention here, but overall after the first half of each disc I started to find each one getting a bit dull/boring. Some fairly big names but not always their classic 12" tracks (eg Moloko, Primal Scream) so try and check any samples before you buy. Did like the attempted theming of each disc, with the dance pop focussed on CD2 (arguably the most successful disc in this set) and acid jazz tinged CD3. I guess I just didn't have the fondness for this decade I thought I had when I bought this!

Tracks like the Beloved are a poor choice of mix (even if the cd single reissues were quite scarce at the time), and sadly the Chemical Brother's masterful remix of "Open Up" by Leftfield & Lydon sounds slightly muted in the mastering on this compilation, compared with other cd appearances.

There are better 90s 12"/remix compilations out there...but that's just my personal opinion!
on 27 August 2013
I was surprised to find that this compilation came from the Family Recordings Various Artists collections; I'm hoping to find more of them!
on 31 January 2015
As expected CD's were in really good condition again Zovastocks met my expectations
on 30 July 2015