on 23 March 2009
I bought the light for my daughter's birthday (5th) and she was thrilled to bits with it. I would say the light works best in a small to medium sized room and is ideal for youngsters having 'play discos'. The ball IS silver and not pink (as it looks in the photo) and there is just a slight scraping sound as the light revolves but not noticeable once the music is on. I would recommend this light if you're unsure which one to go for. Light was well packaged and delivery was very quick following placement of the order.
on 4 October 2011
Small extra addition to late arranged party. Went down very well to give better effect. Product very simple: unpack, plug in and it works. Simple
Goodmans Karaoke Machine with Auto Vocal Cut & Voice Enhancement XXB4CDGX)
on 16 November 2011
I was a little cautious after reading the other reviews but was worrying innecessarily. Yes, it makes a noise as it revolves but you definitely don't hear that with a dozen under 5's leaping around like graceful hippos to music that is far too loud! Needless to say, my daughter was delighted to receive this for her 4th birthday. Very pleased with my purchase!
on 6 October 2013
So you plug this into the mains and 240 volts go straight into a flimsy piece of cheap plastic. Everything about this screams cheap and potentially VERY dangerous. I bought this for my 7 year old sons bedroom but he's not having it. If dropped it would break very easily, exposing high voltage components. If it had an external transformer and operated at low voltage then maybe, but I'm not risking it and neither should you. If it's for the kids then spend a little more and buy one from Maplin or somewhere more trustworthy with safety measures built in. This one came in a poor box with terrible English translation. How something like this is allowed on Amazon is a mystery.
on 29 March 2014
This gives out a nice amount of light in a room without any lights on, as long as you arent too far away from the wall. But the bulb broke quickly on the item and it is also now really noisey when spinning around. so much so i can hear it three rooms away!!!
on 28 January 2013
Brought for my four year olds birthday, he loves dancing and music so this was a great buy. Looks good in play room and helps create that disco atmosphere, my little boy and his friends love it and it's in constant use.
on 17 March 2013
This is a fun cheap product useful for entertaining the kids for a while. Unit gets quite warm so be sure to keep your eye on it but apart from that the light is bright and its good for the price. The first one we received was actually broken, must have got damaged in the post, but after contacting the seller we got a replacement product which has been fine. Top marks for sorting that out for us to the seller.
on 20 June 2013
The disco ball was bought for my children who have used it constantly when dancing to their music. It does look and feel quite delicate but it has worked without any issues and lights the corner of the room very well.
on 28 September 2013
I bought this for my daughters 5th birthday. Firstly the packaging it came in raised suspicion...the box containing the lamp described the contents within in terms of utter drivel such as "iridescent glass orifice" "chromatic lamp rotation" "suit both refined and popular taste"
When I opened the box, the disco ball light was one of the most cheap and nasty products I have ever seen. It was shoddily built, with parts that could easily brake off!
I turned the thing on for it to give a loud 'POP', there was a flash of electricity from the base, and then the lights cut out! Thank god I didn't give this to my daughter!
If you don't want to run the risk of your house burning down from dodgy electrical lamps made in china then whatever you do, don't buy this awful lamp!!
on 27 May 2010
This has been a big hit with my daughters aged 4 and 6 years and with their friends. It does make a bit of noise as it rotates but you don't hear it once you start playing your music. For the price, I think it is good value. We used it for a birthday party and the children loved it. I could see it being brought out for the grown-ups parties as well - a bit of nostalgic fun.

See one answered question