Top critical review
9 people found this helpful
Would not trust the safety of this product around kids
on 6 October 2013
So you plug this into the mains and 240 volts go straight into a flimsy piece of cheap plastic. Everything about this screams cheap and potentially VERY dangerous. I bought this for my 7 year old sons bedroom but he's not having it. If dropped it would break very easily, exposing high voltage components. If it had an external transformer and operated at low voltage then maybe, but I'm not risking it and neither should you. If it's for the kids then spend a little more and buy one from Maplin or somewhere more trustworthy with safety measures built in. This one came in a poor box with terrible English translation. How something like this is allowed on Amazon is a mystery.