on 13 February 2009
I bought this game for my 11 year old son and this is what he thought:-

I think this is a great game which is packed with action and fun.

Get ready to battle the forces of evil and creatures from the underworld with Spyro and his friends whilst trying to defend the dragon race from extinction.

Are you ready!

I would recommend this game to people who are looking for fun and adventure
on 23 December 2010
Years ago I played and loved Spyro on the GBA. I can never remember game names but I recall collecting lots of gems, worlds to explore, rynochs and fairies. Cute stuff. I found some of the overly tricky moves very annoying, for instance I must have tried for literally hours to jump from one ledge to another on one game without success. However, it wasn't crucial to finishing the game and I gave up in the end.
I bought this hoping for more of the same (well,more of the good stuff) but it is a bog standard platform game, running pretty much in one direction, jumping and killing stuff. There isn't the freedom to explore or little missions or puzzles. Mind you I have only completed two levels. It may get better as it goes along but I doubt it. I will probably not continue unless I get really (really) bored and have nothing else to do.
If you like super mario (I don't) and sonic hedgehog you may enjoy this. Otherwise, if you're looking for that Spyro charm I would skip it.
on 8 June 2014
I'm finding this game really addictive! I loved playing Spyro on the PS2. This game is rather similar to the platform of the style of Mario GBA games etc. It can be quite a difficult game in parts which I like, because it means I get a longer time playing it, rather than if it was too simple :)
on 11 June 2009
Great graphics and story. Some of the new moves were a bit tricky to master, especially the flying, but well worth the frustration to get it right. Swapping characters was very useful and helped with a lot of the levels. Another plus for the Spyro series.
on 7 July 2012
8 year old son saved up his pocket money for this game and wasn't disappointed. He loves anything connected to the Spyro dynasty (skylanders etc.....)
he says the graphics are really good, the game enjoyable but difficult (so hopefully he won't grow bored of this one anytime soon!)
on 6 January 2010
This was a gift to someone else and they seem to really enjoy it as they played it years ago, so brings back memories for them
on 29 May 2010
great little game, keeps me amuzed anyway, is a little confusing, but that's probably because i haven't read the booklet that comes with it.
on 24 January 2015
I brought this for my 3ds, good price. Graphics aren't very good but as it's for a ds can't really expect them to be brilliant.
on 3 June 2016
Lovely little game, albeit relatively pricey for such an old title (hence 4 stars only). My son loves it.
on 4 January 2015
it is my favrouite ds game