on 17 November 2010
This deluxe edition packaging of the soundtrack to the film Mamma Mia! comes in an A5 size hardback book style case. The lyrics to all the songs are included in the booklet along with a couple of essays by those involved in the film's production and two pages of location information. As far as the music/visual content goes you get the original cd and a bonus dvd. On the DVD we have a behind the scenes documentary centered on the recording process of the songs for the film and, as a bonus the music video for "Gimmie!Gimmie!Gimmie!" by Amanda Seyfried which was previously released with the movie on DVD.

I was looking forward to hearing some words from one of my music heroes of the 70's, Benny Andersson and there are snippets of an interview with Benny and Bjorn on the re-recording of their Abba hits for the film but unfortunately, it is all too brief. At a running time of under 13 minutes I am a tad disappointed on the lack of content and the re-use of footage from docos released with the movie DVD. What I was really hoping for was the special feature that I thought was missing from the Mamma Mia dvd release. The story of getting the original group of musicians back together that helped create Abba's hits to record the backing tracks for the film. Whilst it's great that something extra has been released, don't expect too much from the bonus disc. If you come across this deluxe edition like I did, at a cheap price, it’s worth a look.

Post note...I'm still having difficulty listening to Pierce Brosnan "sing" S.O.S. but Christine Baranski's version of Does Your Mother Know is a gem.
on 9 July 2017
My daughter is a bit of a mamma Mia freak. She watches the film a few times a month 🙄 So imagine my excitement when she found this. Now when she's not watching the film she can sing along to it anyway! It's a good cd and if you are a fan of the film def worth getting.
on 20 October 2009
This is an excellent soundtrack. Sung by the cast of the film, the tracks on this CD really do have that 'feel good' factor thrown in. I love Abba but my children don't like listening to 'old' music... until I turn this on! This is my 'in-car' CD at the moment and when we go out the kids ask "Can we go in the car because we want to listen to Mamma Mia?". The sound quality is excellent and with 17 tracks of music this good, it is perfect for car journeys, background music for a family meal or just something to listen to while doing the housework! If you love Abba and haven't yet seen the film, I would recommend you buy them both (the film and the soundtrack) now, it'll be your best buy of the year!
on 17 August 2015
Bit disappointed with this 'soundtrack' as it really isn't. Yes, it's got all the songs, sung by the actors, but some are obviously re-recorded and are NOT as you hear in the film (Take a Chance on Me is typical)

However, a very satisfactory rendition of the ABBA songs. Amanda Seyfried (Sophie) is particularly enjoyable with 'I Have a Dream'
on 15 June 2017
brought for a 7 year old that is currently addicted to the film .....she loved it
VINE VOICEon 27 March 2010
I loved the film so much I just had to buy the CD, and I am so pleased I did. There is a sense of fun in the film that comes across in the CD, in such a way as to make you smile - no mean feat these days. The singing may not be the best, but they are actors not singers and yet the whole CD is extremely entertaining. Yes the original Abba recordings are brilliant, but this has something different, the whole CD (and film) is so uplifting.

Be warned though, it isn't a CD you can just listen to once. Certain songs seem to get right inside your head and you will find yourself playing it over and over again.
on 28 July 2017
This is such a cheery cd, played it twice in the office already!!!
on 9 August 2016
Just received this today which was intended to be a birthday present but it's a 2nd hand version which wasn't advertised when I ordered it. The cover as well as the CD have a few scratches which leaves me unimpressed for the £7 I paid!
on 5 August 2008
ABBA is one of the most succsesful bands of the past and this soundtrack come from the lastest film some of the songs aren't that well known the film features very well known face dancing singing well known ABBA songs. Mama Mia! is a good CD in two ways it allows to relieve the movie or just listen ABBA perfromed by the stars from the movie but I would suggest you go and see the film first.

This CD misses a few things out which shouldn't have been I also think it should have an enhanced CD which means it would have had a few little extras.

But over all a great buy
on 4 February 2015
Loved everything about this film, the actors and actresses just seemed perfect in their roles. The music of course is brilliant and the fact that the songs were actually sung by the cast added to the overall pleasure. Pierce Brosnan didn't seem too confident on some of his songs but was still very watchable.