Customer reviews

on 16 November 2016
I am a horsey lady who spends a great deal of time outside in winter and these are the best gloves I have ever owned. They are warm, even on the coldest days and surprisingly waterproof. I used to prefer ski style gloves but found I was constantly taking them off to do fiddley jobs. Not any more! I can keep these gloves on for all my jobs, I can even fill hay nets wearing them. I bought my first pair a few years ago and they are still going strong even after being used daily throughout the winter. I have quite long hands and find I need a medium. I did buy a large once but they are a bit to big for me as I prefer a snug fit.
on 26 April 2017
Exactly as advertised
on 17 October 2017
did the job well
on 29 March 2017
Brilluant
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 September 2016
Bought with my own cash money.

Forget the silly pictures Sealskinz use to promote these! If you put your hand in a bucket of water your hand will get wet. Simple physics.

If however you want a top quality glove that is stretchable yet taut and thin enough that you don't think you're wearing oven gloves and will keep your mitts dry and toasty in all but the most extreme of deluge and freeze then these are the puppies for you.

I've had 3 pairs in 7 years and I love em. Mine may 'only' last 2 and a bit years but I use them for work and commuting so mine will be getting an above average pounding!

I unload a lot of lorries and being right next to the coast have to put up with a lot of freezing horizontal rain and cliff wind and these never let me down.

They can handle a solid shower/pour and I've used them when working in walk-in fridges and freezers and they handle all these extremes admirably.

Plus as I said in the intro they're thin and supple enough to give you some much needed dexterity. Sure you won't be doing the crossword but they don't turn your hands into wrist bats either!!

Nothing much to add - except my 1st pair are still going strong when using to play fight the kitten and his new sharp lil teeth! He loves em too the lil bitey git!

Hope some of this helps.

Stew
on 19 January 2010
Got these for christmas, had been asked by the in-laws what I would want.
A pair of waterproof gloves for hillwalking and climbing that would be warm in the winter, wind resistant and I wouldnt have to take them off to put on my crampons, take pictures with a small compact camera.
Result, they done all the research and got me these. They are 100% waterproof, warm upto minus 10 with a further windchill factor of -10, and I dont have to take them off to iperate the small buttons on my camera, just a bit of practice.
The grip is great, can do my zips and straps even when they are covered in snow and ice.
Only downside is that when you stop moving the slight moisture build up at such low temp and high altitude does sap the heat. When you start moving again hands heat up in minutes, but if you were maybe climbing these wouldnt be the best.
Think they are so good Im getting a second pair to swap with when I stop at the top of a Munro.
11 Comment| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 April 2016
A lot of people look at you funny when you explain how much you have spent on these gloves. But these people have never experienced a glove like this.
They really are the ultimate gloves for most activities.
I like many others suffer from sensitive hands and the slight breeze in the air can create an awful cold feeling to my hands and make movement difficult. In the job line I'm in this is a big problem. However with the addition of these gloves I have a great decrease in this problem! They really are wind proof, water proof but still breathable which is truly brilliant.
I have done many different things with these gloves and they have been a great help in each activity.
Be wary though once they have a hole in they are no longer waterproof! But the gloves are that great you will not even quibble at buying a new pair.
VINE VOICEon 5 December 2012
Clearly there is a difference of opinion on the efficacy of these gloves as people review them both ways. I'm certainly in the dry but cold camp as I don't find them either comfortable or warm to wear and have gone back to ordinary fleecy gloves unless I really need the waterproof element.

I'd also say that for me the fit isn't great. I bought a large as suggested by their size guide and the fingers are a little tight but I've rather too much room on the palm of the hand. This causes the material on the palm to ruck up when the hand is closed. I could go for an XL size to help the fingers but then I'd have even more material on the palm. So if you have, like me, large hands but with short stubby fingers then check the size - you may not be able to get a comfortable fit as the material isn't very accommodating.
on 8 October 2015
These gloves are really good, used them on a week long cycle/camping trip through Scotland and they were worth their weight in gold from cold weather to wet my hands were toasty. Also an added bonus they are really good for packing your tent up when it's wet.
on 26 November 2015
+ They seem well made.
+ They keep my hands warm and are waterproof enough for rain but maybe not working in wet conditions in the winter.
+ The grip stuff is nice and grippy.

- They are quite thick and stiff.
- The reason for low score is the fit, they don't seem to be made for human hands. After studying the measuring guide on their website I measured as a medium. The palms of the gloves have about an inch of slack which means the gloves just bunch up on the palm when you close your hand, or bunch up on the back of your hand when you open your hand. Any position you have your hand there will be a big pocket of air; no snug fit here. The cuffs are slightly loose fitting as well. So I thought I'd bought the wrong size, but the fingers are suffocatingly tight; bending your fingers in these is quite difficult. The length of the index, middle and ring fingers perfect, but the length of the pinky is about 1cm to long and the thumb is like 1.5cm to long even when the glove is pushed on all the way to the webbing of your fingers.

Maybe I just have abnormal shaped hands or I got the wrong size, but in that case go a size lower than the guide says. I ended up giving them to my farther who has bigger hands, they fit him slightly better but are still loose around the palm and he doesn't wear them because the fingers are to constricting.