• Customer reviews

on 21 September 2016
Bought with my own cash money.

Forget the silly pictures Sealskinz use to promote these! If you put your hand in a bucket of water your hand will get wet. Simple physics.

If however you want a top quality glove that is stretchable yet taut and thin enough that you don't think you're wearing oven gloves and will keep your mitts dry and toasty in all but the most extreme of deluge and freeze then these are the puppies for you.

I've had 3 pairs in 7 years and I love em. Mine may 'only' last 2 and a bit years but I use them for work and commuting so mine will be getting an above average pounding!

I unload a lot of lorries and being right next to the coast have to put up with a lot of freezing horizontal rain and cliff wind and these never let me down.

They can handle a solid shower/pour and I've used them when working in walk-in fridges and freezers and they handle all these extremes admirably.

Plus as I said in the intro they're thin and supple enough to give you some much needed dexterity. Sure you won't be doing the crossword but they don't turn your hands into wrist bats either!!

Nothing much to add - except my 1st pair are still going strong when using to play fight the kitten and his new sharp lil teeth! He loves em too the lil bitey git!

Hope some of this helps.

Stew
19 people found this helpful
on 16 November 2016
I am a horsey lady who spends a great deal of time outside in winter and these are the best gloves I have ever owned. They are warm, even on the coldest days and surprisingly waterproof. I used to prefer ski style gloves but found I was constantly taking them off to do fiddley jobs. Not any more! I can keep these gloves on for all my jobs, I can even fill hay nets wearing them. I bought my first pair a few years ago and they are still going strong even after being used daily throughout the winter. I have quite long hands and find I need a medium. I did buy a large once but they are a bit to big for me as I prefer a snug fit.
2 people found this helpful
on 24 April 2016
A lot of people look at you funny when you explain how much you have spent on these gloves. But these people have never experienced a glove like this.
They really are the ultimate gloves for most activities.
I like many others suffer from sensitive hands and the slight breeze in the air can create an awful cold feeling to my hands and make movement difficult. In the job line I'm in this is a big problem. However with the addition of these gloves I have a great decrease in this problem! They really are wind proof, water proof but still breathable which is truly brilliant.
I have done many different things with these gloves and they have been a great help in each activity.
Be wary though once they have a hole in they are no longer waterproof! But the gloves are that great you will not even quibble at buying a new pair.
One person found this helpful
on 12 May 2018
I love them, when working in wet environments they keep my hands away from being icicles. These gloves are not for dry cold windy places.

So long as you are somewhat active I have found these gloves to be decent. Have a second pair of windproof warms if you are going to be static for extended ammounts of time.
on 8 October 2015
These gloves are really good, used them on a week long cycle/camping trip through Scotland and they were worth their weight in gold from cold weather to wet my hands were toasty. Also an added bonus they are really good for packing your tent up when it's wet.
2 people found this helpful
on 16 July 2016
Fits like a glove, these are supremely comfortable with very good grip to them but the best part of them is that they are waterproof, I was sceptic at first as many gloves claim to be but these really are, before I wanted to take them out in the field with me on exercise i thought I would test them in a bucket of water and my hands were bone dry, the gloves also proved themselves to be rugged and strong able to be thrown about and put in tough conditions.

The one issue I do have with these gloves is that they are not the warmest but in mild to slightly cold conditions they would be great.
on 29 August 2016
This was the second pair I bought (I wore the first pair out). I suffer with poor circulation so my hands are usually cold in the winter. As long as your hands are warm when you put the gloves on, they will stay warm (and dry). These are definitely the best gloves I've ever had and I would recommend them unreservedly.
on 18 March 2015
Excellent waterproofing, and fantastic general build quality. Sealskinz customer service is also excellent, having helped me to find the right fit for my hands.
These gloves are not intended for extreme cold, but have kept my hands warm and dry throughout the british winter when walking the dog. They're also not too hot on warmer spring days.
on 18 February 2013
We use these in winter for looking after our horses. After trying many gloves we find these the best. They keep your hands warm and dry, but can breath when you are working hard so your hands don't start smelling sweaty. Also have a good grip and feel. My wife wears them as a riding glove.

They are exposed to constant wet mud, tying nylon ropes from haynets, pulling ice from water troughs and generally have a very hard life.

The fingers do tend to wear through and I now need my second pair to get me through the winter.

So if you want to keep your hands dry, and still have some feel they are great. However, as mentioned in a couple of other reviews, if your are going to use them for abrasive work, expect them to wear through.
One person found this helpful
on 24 January 2017
I was initially happy with my purchase until i had used them for less than a month and I have now had to return them.

Good points -
Gloves fitted nicely
Kept my hands warm and dry when running

Bad points -
fingers wore through in less than a month of use.
while doing press ups or other exercises on cold grass my hands where still cold