on 30 March 2017
Thrilling and good for my daughters French revision!
on 9 January 2018
We have much to thank these brave women. & a very good & prompt service,
on 23 September 2015
This is a really good movie , action packed, i would definatley recomend even with sub titles
on 8 October 2017
Brilliant movie. About very brave ladies. Recomend
on 28 May 2017
good story watchable
on 16 January 2018
ok
on 17 August 2017
Quality was good, and reasonable delivery charges.
on 21 May 2017
To expensive to hire?
on 25 March 2009
Female Agents [Blu-Ray] [Blu-ray] [2008]I got my copy today March 25 2009 and I was very happy with the quality and it was the first Blu Ray that I have played on my Blu ray player in the computer that the sound worked. My beef about this disc is that the consumer is being ripped off by the producers in the Blu Ray format. There is only one extra being a 50mins Making of. But the DVD version includes this plus casting Session, deleted scenes and a Documentary: Women at War-Spies & Angels(50mins). There appears to be no trailers.

On a playback note Nero 7 does not play this back right but rather stilted frames and scratchy noise. Cyperlink that came with the drive does the trick(LG Blu Ray/DVD Recorder drive.
VINE VOICEon 6 March 2010
I bought this DVD having seen a short excerpt of it on the charity compilation of military films "Heroes".

I had pretty mediocre expectations of it, thinking it would be perhaps a bit along the school-boy adventure lines of "Where Eagles Dare" or "The Eagle has Landed".

Instead, I was very pleasantly surprised indeed.

Yes, the action sequences are exciting, filmed partially in a hand-held camera, almost documentary, style that makes them all the more involving.

However, I found the plot fascinating: Would the team of female agents achieve their mission, would they survive ? And I thought the characterisation of the actors, including the German "opposition", was excellent, very convincing.

Please be aware: The sound track of the film is in French, supported by English sub-titles. Like other positive reviewers on this page, I didn't find this at all off-putting.

Is the film historically accurate ? Probably not at a detailed level. But in terms of atmosphere and sentiment, certainly real enough for me. I don't think members of the French Resistance combined with the German Gestapo in WW2 to make documentary films of their actual activities ?

I will certainly watch this film a second time. It is one of the most exciting, gripping and under-publicised films I have come across. The title "Female Agents" really doesn't do it justice; it sounds a bit too much like "Charlie's Angels".

By the way, I bought the two disc edition of the film. I found the second disc, that contains a description of the making and some cut scenes, very interesting in itself. It makes one appreciate the complexity and planning that is involved in making this type of film. Hence I recommend the two disc set.

Finally, I am surprised at some of the negative reviews I see on this page. Perhaps I am too easily pleased ? If so, I consider that that is my good fortune, and the bad luck of the detractors !