on 14 October 2013
I was very excited when this disc was released and I do really like it, however it is not as good as Last Night on Earth but I'm still glad I own it and do play it often. More amateur in some respects but lyrically good.
on 7 September 2011
I got this CD for my boyfriend as he loves the song "in five years time". I didn't know any other songs on this record. We are now playing it a lot and loving it. Nice in the background or on full volume.
on 29 July 2012
Delighted that I bought this CD - had only heard a few Noah and the Whale songs before buying the CD and it has really grown on me. Have a good few favourites from the CD already.
on 24 August 2012
Totally live this album and would recommend it to all people. Can't wait to see them live but until then I will just keep listening to this album
on 15 February 2013
Really nice music - a cut above the normal dross. Melodic, creative, foot tapping. I enjoyed the CD and would buy more of Noah and the Whale.
on 29 March 2010
I don`t remember exactly how I met the band, but I could never forgot... They`re just lovely and the songs, exciting.
on 8 May 2013
Bought this after the others but love it too! Can't wait to see them live.
five more words required now!
VINE VOICEon 20 August 2008
I can't take seriously the claim that this is 'folk' music. Not even if we stretch the definition to take in the wildest realms of Nu-Folk could we see Noah and the Whale filling out the airspace of Folk on 2 !
To my ears,the band are somewhat reminiscent of groups like Talking Heads or They might be Giants. Definitely Indie Pop in style and content rather than folk.
Apparently they have been receiving a lot of play on Radio 1 ? I wouldn't know being over 12 and never allowing my ears to be defiled by such a hideous aural experience ! It would not surprise me though as the album is brim full of chirpy, frothy tracks which would perfectly suit the undemanding tastes of Radio 1 listeners and it's play it safe controllers and DJ's.
If Noah and the Whale were a food dish they would be Pizza and Fries. It fills a space for a bit but it's blandness leaves you craving more substantial nourishment !
on 1 July 2008
First off - I have not heard all the tracks on this album - but having seen them live (great shows!) and listened to some of the tracks a gazillion times (especially five year's time, Mary, shape of my heart) I can't wait to buy it - they are super fab.

A weird and wonderful collection of musical instruments (or every day objects that can make a noise), great tunes, funky words and vocals and they seem to be a great package - can't wait to see what they do next.
on 1 February 2013
making people write long reviews on ggod they receive is in my opinion expecting a lot. surely just a simple word comment is enough??