Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 15 September 2008
I am a life-long Jack Bruce fan. My first album I ever bought was Disraeli Gears by Cream. I love his voice, his bass playing, his song-writing (Out of the Storm is one of my favourite all time albums). BUT I am sorry, but this is self-indulgent dross. The worst version of "Play With Fire" you are ever likely to hear, "Powerhouse Sod" is basically a technically impressive Bruce bass-solo, but TOOOOO long, Doctor is a real rocker. Sadly Leslie West's trademark "violin-sound" guitar is out of tune in the quiet section of Play with Fire or The Doctor, I forget now which it is and I really do not want to listen to it right now..
Historically interesting (I guess), I bought it on Vinyl in the 70s when it was first released and again on CD as part of my "buy everything by Jack Bruce, Ginger Baker or Eric Clapton" strategy.
But I cannot believe that Jack would want anyone to listen to this now.
Sorry.
(But I admit I do still slap on the 'phones and crank up the volume for the second half of Play With Fire and The Doctor from time to time. Alcohol helps).
on 15 July 2008
Hard to believe that the idea of Cream`s Jack Bruce hooking up with Mountain`s Leslie West and Corky Laing,actually produced some great recorded music! two studio albums and a live tour brilliant. this is exactly what it says on the sleeve Live and Kicking, some great moments and some blistering sections in a creamy mountain kind of way. Yum yum
on 3 May 2011
great album,first bought ages ago......Great to find it available on cd.The Doctor,great track,good power band.Crank the volume up,n wallow in the greatness........
on 21 May 2009
Amazon and iTunes both seem to have a problem identifying music from the Rock greats. The Product description for this cd is wrong. If they can't be bothered to get it right, maybe they could send it to me and I'll write a proper description.
on 12 November 2015
Well pleased .jeers
on 20 April 2006
It is a live album of the '74 year announcement.

A sober impression is received for a moment though it is a content of the album.

The origin : "Leslie West" and "Corky Laing".

I think that it is a phrase, a side dish made up spending time in not the type that shows one's true ability though it is a member of "Mountain" by a long ad-lib and the jam session like this album but the ensemble, and a type to affix the flower to music.

Therefore, it doesn't seem to be well live by the god combination , saying that "Jack Bruce" of this, and especially the second "The Doctor", etc. think of the sea weed and the power of the entire band on the studio board and it is possible to think the expectation to be a gap for a moment when listening to this work because it is felt.

It is likely to differ though "Jack Bruce" is thought to be better the thickness and the sea weed of the sound of the studio board when the person who is playing the base usually listens.

Moreover, I think the blues of the medium tempo familiar in "Cream" to be interesting thirdly "Politician" because it twines in the piano if there is "Steve Knight" of "Mountain" as there is a space in the sound to feel it though it is hard.

I think that I might have been able to enjoy this album more if there is no preconception to "Mountain" though play by "Mountain" feels "Leslie West" and "Corky Laing" attractive.
88 Comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse