on 21 March 2009
Previously i hadn't heard of Kaspersky at all. For many years i had stuck with the main choice for many people and was running Norton. I finally decided i had had enough of the load times Norton insisted on having when "updating". I came across Kaspersky by chance and had read the many reviews left on it. As i said i hadn't heard of Kaspersky before so i didn't really know how good it was, but after reading the reviews and paying half the price of Norton Internet Security, i'm glad i can say money well spent. Firstly, my pc loads 100% quicker than it did with Norton, and although Kaspersky does update, you hardly notice it happening. The protection is very good and i get told of a network attack or anything similar.
A very useful quick scan is available to use which can take as little as 1 minute, depending on what you are scanning. As far as i know Kaspersky sorts out everything for you, a bit different to Norton as when that found a threat it gave you the option on what to do with it.
However there are some downsides to Kaspersky that i need to address. Firstly installation was a bit of a nightmare, previously i was running Norton, Ad-aware and AVG 8.0 free version(although i rarely used it). Kaspersky refuses to install if other virus scanners are installed, specially AVG, and after searching the web and deleting registry keys to do with AVG i was finally installing this product.
The second little moan is to do with one of the scanners that occurs when browsing the web. I use firefox and i noticed with protection enabled, some images on web pages would take at least 1 minute extra to load or worse case scenario, whole pages wouldnt load at all. If i disabled the protection, they would load with no problem. After finally finding out how to remove it by deactivating one of the settings under web traffic, this little problem is now history.
If like me you were a Norton user and are fed up of the slowness, i would reccommend this scanner, it may need a little bit of tweaking to get it running how you want depending on your system, but it is worth it in the end.
on 18 June 2009
I've used various internet security / antivirus programs over the last few years including McAfee, ZoneAlarm, and Rising. I always made sure they were fully upgraded but they all let me down in one way or another...

McAfee kept me safe for 2-3 years but it didn't prevent a really destructive virus one day and I had to rebuild my computer again from backups. I lost a lot of files!

ZoneAlarm kept me safe for 2 years but it slowed down my computer (slow start, slow logon, slow program startups, slow shutdown).

Rising was fast, but within a few weeks of installing it let a really nasty trojan attack 200+ Windows systems files and left me to rebuild my computer from backups yet again.

So I decided to give Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 a try...
IT'S THE BEST OF THE BUNCH BY FAR. Not only is it FAST at scanning; it's EFFICIENT as it doesn't hog the computer; and it's SAFE as it hasn't let any nasties in (even when I tried to download viruses on purpose to test it). And if you shop around you'll find it's CHEAPER at Amazon!

What more can you ask for than BETTER, FASTER and CHEAPER?
on 18 April 2009
Kaspersky Internet Security 2009, 1-Desktop, 1 year Subscription (PC)
Having used the earlier version I felt fairly confident about the 2009 version - what a mistake. Not only did it fail to install properly I had numerous error messages and my PC kept freezing on me. I was unable to contact Kaspersky at the telephone number supplied with the software and their site was worse than useless sending me in circles. I have now had to uninstall the software and find alternative security. Needless to say I am sending a letter to Kaspersky along with the product and asking for my money back.
on 14 July 2009
Quite like this software. Seems to function well as a virus scanner and for cleaning up vulnerabilities. Also works as a pretty good firewall. Can get kind of annoying though as sometimes it says things are vulnerable when they either aren't or there is nothing you can do.

Very annoying when it deletes something you put in the trusted zone. For example mIRC. I put this program in the trusted zone and as soon as I loaded it, it was deleted.

Wish I could find a way to set a whole folder as trusted and not just the exe.

Is pretty good then but can be very hard to use.
on 16 June 2013
I started using Kaspersky many years ago and have not been disappointed having only caught a Trojan once in all the time I have used it and even then Kaspersky Internet Security was able to remove it without difficulty!

I now have it on yearly update, so I don't have to worry about forgetting to upgrade.

In all an excellent series of software - just don't forget to order the latest version!!!
on 27 October 2008
This seems to perform anti-virus checking very efficiently and am more than happy. I did have a problem with the installation as it broke my DNS so could not browse the internet (which is annoying when all the help in the world is on the internet). I had removed Norton before as instructed and rebooted - not sure if that caused the issue. But, after uninstalling Kapersky, rebooting, reinstalling, rebooting it came to life and worked.
Great value for money too.
on 4 December 2008
I have used Norton Security in the past and have found it slow clunky and tedious to use.I cant understand why some people have problems installing/running Kaspersky?
Yes... I have found it difficult to configure but its not the sort of thing an average user needs to do so let it take care of its self (and your PC).It seems happy to sit in my task bar updating and asking simple QA from time to time, etc.It could be some people don't properly uninstall previous security software? I use a registry cleaner after uninstalling any software to help avoid conflicts and this is especially important before the install of security software!
on 4 April 2014
I read a review the first one seen and the last and this was a nightmare. It conflicted with stuff on my PC and Amazon no quibble refunded me. This was not any where near as AVG and took all Saturday afternoon to sort out. I would not have this for Free.
on 4 May 2009
I installed this on my laptop a couple of months ago.I have found it to be very good and unobtrusive.Before that I always had Norton which I found to also be good but it made my system so slow.
I wouldn,t hesitate to recomend this,it was easy to install,in fact last week I installed another copy on my other laptop.
An excellent product.
on 1 April 2009
Kaspersky inspite of excelent reviews, caused my PC to freeze repeatedly, slow up and sometimes fail to shut down, just hanging until switched off. Something to do with incompatibity with Windows updates ?fixable by experts.
Thanks Amazon for refunding without quible.