Customer reviews

on 6 May 2011
Like all Apple products, it is a great and simple upgrade to my original iMac that means I can use all the latest gadgets for many years to come.
on 7 November 2009
A minimal upgrade for most of us, but worthwhile nevertheless. Be warned, however, that it will not upgrade Tiger 10.5 or anything earlier than Leopard 10.6.

Mac OS X Snow Leopard v. 10.6 (Mac DVD)
on 19 October 2009
In Principle Snow Leopard works well. Performance is enhanced. Footprint of software reduced when compared to Leopard. However when it came round to printing for the first time, it highlighted the shameful qualities of Snow Leopard and Apple.

Before upgrading my iMac running Leopard, I could print no trouble wirelessly. Since upgrading to Snow Leopard wireless printing is a disaster! If I want to pick up and carry my iMac to my printer, and plug the printer in directly using USB the printer/scanner work wonderfully.

This is an shameful embarrassment for Apple, since many media outlets are comparing Snow Leopard with Microsoft's failed Vista software. Apple has a long history of only using proven technologies either with hardware or software. However on this occasion Apple has totally dismissed this premiss of operation. The only other time's I have lost my ragg with Apple is over my wireless Mighty Mouse.

Apple should be embarrassed to be still selling this when, even on its own website the product is merely achieving a three star rating from consumers, all with similar complaints as I have.

Come on Apple issue a viable solution, or provide us with our money back.

My recommendation is to wait before purchasing. Wait for Mac OS X 10.7.
on 31 August 2011
Mac OS X *Ten, (as in the Roman numeral, not 'Eks' as in X-Men) is excellent.
The item arrived on time and ran problem-free.
on 14 September 2009
Sorry, folks. I've been an Apple fan for many years but on this occasion, I'll have to voice my disapproval.

I have a MacBook and Snow Leopard is not going to be recommended by me. I installed it and the laptop wouldn't boot up. Eventually, after a lengthy call to Apple Support, I got it going. A couple of days later, the same problem. After another call to Apple, the only remedy was to erase the drive and reinstall Leopard i.e. System 10.5 and update it back to 10.5.8 which works like a dream.

The fact that Apple were extremely quick to bring out 10.6.1 (last Friday) only shows that they now realise that Snow Leopard was faulty to begin with. If your AppleMac is o.k. with SL then you are one of the lucky ones.

I feel I've wasted my money and will steer clear of Snow Leopard until it is well established with few people having problems, unlike just now.

Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.6 Retail
on 10 November 2009
I started using Mac products after getting tired of having to resolve issues generated with windows software. I decided to upgrade my intel Macbook from leopard to snow leopard. As a consequence my network connection drops after the macbook goes into power-save mode and can only be recovered by restarting the system. A second major issue is that I can no longer print over a wireless network. A quick visit to apple support website and I discovered these issues are affecting a number of other users.
For the first time since buying the mac I've set bootcamp to boot up in Windows, where I have no problems with wireless problems and the internet connection remains stable. Which confirms that it is a software problem not a hardware one.
on 4 February 2015
extremely prompt delivery! great! :)
I bought the Family edition for 5 computers. Loaded the programme on to two of my Macs (both bought in last 12 months ) and guess what. the system slowed down, I lost my internet connections, the beach ball appeared everytime I opened any additional software and the screen went black every so often. I was looking forward to this software improving my Leopard software but I think the hurried release to co-inside with Windows was a mistake. They should have refined it first.

Looking at the comments I have received from MAC fans (and I am one btw I have had 6 Macs) it is clear I am in the minority having problems. Notwithstanding I have read a number of Apple Forums (I did prior to posting) and I am not the only one with these problems. It may be due to the upgrade of recent Intel chips but I am now experiencing the clock sticking at the time I turned my computer on and when sending images through professional software (Mailbigfile) it tells me that I have 1 second to go to send 1 gb of information. Real wierd.

I have now reloaded the software and some of the problems, but only some, have been resolved. I have now restored the software back to the original Leopard - thank goodness for Time Machine back-ups!!!

Before anyone asks I have 4GB RAm in a 320GB machine and I used hard drives to store my images so I have plenty of memory available.

I expect a wrath of abuse and negative comments from other MAC users but I tell it as it is.

As an update a week after I have bought the software, slowly but surely the problems with Snow Leopard are coming out of the woodwork. On the TWIP podcast (great podcast for photographers) they are ststing that there are conflicts with some third party software. Particularly Adobe who do not fully suport the upgrade. Seems there are a few ssues bewteen Apple and Adobe currently. The TWIP broadcasters recommend NOT upgrading yet but waiting for these issues to be resolved before the upgrade. Glad I am not the only person on this earth with that opinion. Also of the people who did upgrade on teh show it was a split decision if the software speeded up applications. Funnily enough Aperture by Apple was faster. Shame I had to downgrade as i use both Aperture and CS4.
1414 Comments| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 June 2016