Platform: PlayStation 3|Change
Price:£1.49 - £19.99

on 18 March 2009
Right lets just get one thing straight, I have only given this 4 stars because its not perfect, none the less, its still a great game to add to anyones PS3 collection. The voice command system is such a great addition, its close to perfect, so I don't know why so many moan, it sometimes mixes up what number you are calling, but you just re-say it, not difficult and dosn't get annoying. The gameplay is just like the command and conquer series (however you do not build anything), if you like that series, End War does it justice. Sound is good, however the graphics arnt perfect but again, nothing to much to complain about, its not up to standard to the likes of COD but still good enough.
Final comment would be on the online mode, and thankfully, its perfect, no lag and everything is just wonderful, keep you going for hours.
Overall I think this game is a great addition to anyones PS3 collection (as its such an easy game to pick up and play).
on 15 March 2009
I rate EndWar 8.5/10, which is a pretty high rating for a well deserved game.

- The voice command is interesting and also helpful as you don't have to take your eyes of the battle and still order a command, also it is pretty accurate, except that I can't get it to understand #7 and Zulu.
- The 3-D view adds a different dimension to gaming.
- If you like Red Alert type of games, then you will like this, it is very similar - the only difference is that you don't actually get/have to build bases.

I have been playing this game 3-4hrs daily for the past 1 week...it is addictive and I only stop playing when my head starts hurting! :)
on 4 February 2009
After playing and watching this game for a while it seems to me that the story line is quite terrible. I don't think that this game was really made for its strategy genre, its more like an experiment to see how voice command works.

the voice command is pretty impressive, but there are quite a few times when ive watched a friend struggle to command a unit, for example, he would say unit 6 and it would call unit 8. this was quite irritating, but after the unit number stage, and onto the commands, its pretty easy to use. there are however many of the commands which it didnt recognise for me or my friends which gets quite annoying.
on 8 October 2010
Tom Clancys End War is set in the near time future. The oil runs out and theres a big war.
I play only a few missions before i got bored of the repetitiveness. The Headset aspect is good but i advise to only use it if your alone, then people wont think your weird.
i wouldnt recommend unless you like these sort of games.
poor strategy game remind me ps1 old games, not bad grafics, camera controling could be better, sometimes its confuse when play it, but at all if you like strategy games still good buying.
on 18 May 2014
The product came quickly and was in great condition second hand however you do need a head set for the game to work but other then that it is perfect.
on 26 August 2010
I really liked this game to begin with but I am irish and had problems getting this game to recognise my accent.
I have to try and pronounce words like an american which feels odd pronouncing 'Two' as 'Toe'. Why was there no trainer on this which would have allowed me to map my voice to words and alter settings?

As a result while the first few levels posed a moderate challenge, the later ones were impossible as I kept getting back "Sorry Commander - not understood",all the while the enemy is encroaching and my troops are sitting ducks.

I don't know how people say the voice is a gimmick and this is too easy - without the voice picking the words "Unit 6 attack target delta" off 5 subsequent menus is just waaaay too slow and I was getting slaughtered. Maybe I played this on the wrong level but I never play a game on easy.

Dissapointed that no update came out to allow you to adjust voice recognition but if this had worked for me (or if you're American perhaps) realtime strategy, decent graphics and being commander of an army was really appealing to me and I loved it.
Sadly with the voice control flaws I was unable to play it past the first 4 battles.

Could have been a 5 but as I can't play it I can't give it more than a 1 really as controls don't work for me - harsh but the game was unplayed by me so how could I give it more?...
on 28 January 2014
not as good as i thought so im selling it on ebay or amazon or giving to a friend maybe
on 7 August 2009
Well yet another disapointing Tom Clancy game. It's difficult to describe this as a strategy game, as such, since the strategy used is so basic no satisfaction can be truly gained in victory. Firstly there are no real tactics that can be used except from the dull; rock, paper, scissors feel the game has. e.g helicopter beats tank, tank beats transport, transport beats helicopter. Things such as flanking and outmanouvering your oponent count for nothing. After playing the initial training levels and the first in the actual campaign I found I could not be bothered to continue. The missions are just as unimaginative as the gameplay. They consist of about 3 different scenarios(kill everyone on the map, defend a base and capture over 50% of the bases) these are then played out on different maps that recreate the rest of the world(supposedly).
The most annoying thing is the lack of realism which used to be the staple of any good Clancy game. Not a single next gen console Clancy(with the exception maybe of splinter cell) has been upto par with it's predecessors (the first two rainbow six games! and original ghost recon!). This game is another ubisoft sell out. There is no depth to it, it's a skeleton with a couple of gimmiks attatched to sell it, those being, in this case the voice control(which surprise to surprise can't recognise what your actually saying) and being able to see the Eifel Tower or Kremlin whilst waging a ridiculous war. I don't get why Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, this game and HAWX are so poor. Why can't they be proper Clancy games with realism at the core!! We don't want to fly a fighter plane in a daft side on 3rd person view!! Or fight with a rifle that has a scope that locks onto enemies!! Or be waging my own personal war against a terrorist hoarde in Las Vegas!! Man up ubisoft and make a proper game!
on 3 February 2009
Trust me, this game is absolutely pants.

I loved splinter cell, vegas, etc and up until buying this game was a massive fan of Mr Clancy.

End War is by far the worst game I have bought for the PS3. It is disjointed and uncomfortable to play, the viewing angle is odd and you cannot work out where your units are in relation to the enemy.

Yeah you can control your units using voice activation, but really it adds nothing to the game play, just a gimmick really.

See one answered question