Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 24 May 2014
as the girl has moved on from the death of her best friend,her step mom pregnant.she flies to los angeles to meet her uncle to meet her real mothers friends to find out more about her real mom and meets her uncles girlfriends son and ends up his girl.a good family film and for thos like me who lost our mums at an early age that not knowing hurts the most,i truly recommend this film
on 2 May 2017
When I received My Girl 2 the DVD's clip arrived broken. I will have buy another box to put it in,
on 27 March 2017
Excellent Movie!!
on 20 March 2017
Happy
on 24 September 2017
Love this DVD and great price as well
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 19 February 2015
I held off from watching this movie for a while, purely because the first 'My Girl', released in 1991 is one of my all time family favourites, and a sequel made only a few years afterwards often means a 'rush-job', and as it's predecessor had so much heart and warmth, I expected 'My Girl 2' to leave a bad taste in my mouth. To my absolute delight however, this is a genuinely good little film, very enjoyable without coming close to topping the original.

Anna Chlumsky, who was so fantastic in the first and the second movie that I'm surprised she hasn't made a bigger impact since, resumes her role as the quirky Vada, who has grown up a lot but remains a likeable character. The main storyline fines Vada researching her late mother's life for a school project about writing about something she really admires but has never met, and this is very interesting. She visits Los Angeles to stay with her Uncle Phil, who puts his young son Nick (Austin O'Brien) in charge of looking after her. She reluctantly agrees the offer, and he soon becomes more involved in the difficult search of finding out who Vada's mother was. But there is also another story throughout the film, and that is Vada's change from childhood to adolescence, it's a story about someone growing up.

Released in 1994, 'My Girl 2' is more heart-warming stuff and should satisfy fans of the first. Some people have said that the casting of the Nick character could have been better, but I think Austin O'Brian did a fine job, without overshadowing Macaulay Culkin's character in the predecessor, and that's not just bias as I'm a Mac fan. Simple yet gripping, I'm a softie anyway, but I honestly think 'My Girl 2' is very sweet.
on 20 June 2017
I like actor in supporting role. Not bad. If there's one next, I'll be looking forward to it. The plot is wonderful. At that time, the special effects of the film were good. My brother and I watched it together. The ending was wonderful.
on 1 November 2006
I didn't like this film as much as 'My Girl', but it was still good. Vada's grown quite a bit since the last movie, and persuades her Dad and Shelly to let her go to Los Angeles to visit Uncle Phil. She spends her days going round Los Angeles in search of information about her mother. She experiences panic, anger, shock, confusion about herself and growing up, as well as a little romance! Amazing acting again by Anna Chlumsky and the rest of the cast. A good movie to watch with your friends or on your own.
on 13 March 2014
Does not get 5 stars because it's not as great as the first film, it's still worth watching maybe once
on 3 April 2014
Very good dvd to watch, the first one was good as well, I hope they make another one at some point