on 11 September 2011
I was looking for a clear, easy to read automatic divers watch, and having enjoyed owning a Seiko 007 divers for 20 years, I was thinking of getting an other, when I came across the Orient web site. I liked the look of the MAKO, and having ordered one, was delighted with the watch when it arrived. It took a week to arrive from Singapore via Sweden (!). It is a robust, easy to read watch on a strong silicon strap. It keeps excellent time, loosing 2 - 3 seconds a day, accuracy seems to be improving in the month I've had the watch. The bezel is beautifully constructed, with a slightly stiff, no bad thing, smooth motion. Watching the red tipped second hand "glide" round the face is great! With an in house designed and constructed movement, in a legible, strong and attractive case, this watch cannot be faulted, and when you consider the price, it's a fabulous buy. You will not be disappointed with your choice if you go for the Orient MAKO.
on 2 October 2012
I was looking to purchase a Seiko black monster to add to my collection when I came across this watch at half the price.I was a bit sceptical at first about the watch--- "Automatic watch from a company with a sound history of watch making. In house Automatic movement for this price"!!!-- Cant be that good? Can it? so I bought the Seiko and also bought Orient deep MAKO.
The watch came within a few days and WOW!! what a watch. I own Omega, Rolex and Brietling amongst my collection and whilst this is not in the same class, it is extremely well built and looks and feels like a timepiece ten times the price.I cannot fault it, and I keep admiring It. The Seiko black monster is a great watch and I love it, but the Orient I must say has got to be one the best watch purchases I have ever made, mainly because of the price. I paid around £70 with postage. Unbelievable watch for a unbelievable price.
on 22 October 2012
Keep destroying watches, primarily when batteries are replaced, watches never seem to keep seal functioning, therefore dampness and breakdown. So, this time I sought an automatic watch to avoid battery changes. this watch appears tough enough so far, the reviews were good, and the price was good. The night glow only works for a limited time, not all night, and the day setting button has a habit of loosening and changing day- although easy to reset. Otherwise this watch has been comfortable and very functional so far.
on 13 March 2012
I purchased this watch for Christmas and for the money you won't find better. Excellent time keeping and build quality. Like most Japanese automatic watches for under £200, you can't hack (stop) the seconds hand to set it exactly. However, it's not about that and the one i purchased only loses a couple of secs a day. The strap is a bit long side for people with slim wrists, but i haven't needed to change mine. Overall I'm very pleased.
on 12 March 2014
This watch looks really good and keeps great time. Like many others I changed the strap and have a steel bracelet and silicone curved end strap which have enhanced it even further. Highly recommended.
on 26 October 2012
I purchased this as i needed a new watch suitable for diving. The watch arrived extremely promptly considering it was posted from singapore. I was slightly concerned about having to pay import duty but it seems that this is included in the price. The watch itself is extremely well made, looks fantastic and is an excellent dive watch. The only downside, which is minimal, is the strap. The standard strap is a rather cheap looking rubber affair, it is however easily replaceable and with a nicer strap (I went for a NATO style for a few quid) it makes the watch even better. All in all this is a great purchase of an excellent watch. Highly recommended, 5 stars!!!!
on 17 March 2013
Bought this as I needed a quality watch to wear and for when I'm in the sea. Really nice looking time piece, great price and quality. The delivery time was ok. Worth a buy as it is just as nice as the tags, tissots etc which cost a lot more