on 5 July 2008
I think we were one of the first people to get a copy of this DVD and are happy to say it's just as good as we hoped it would be. Our son has watched all the other Oxbridge Baby titles and so far likes this one just as much, if not more.

The DVD is basically a collection of 6 classic fairy tales that have been made for little ones. In reality this means the images are very clear and bright and the pace is slightly slower than in normal `cartoons'. They are all narrated by a couple of people who do some great voices for the characters and it also has some gentle background music.

There are a number of viewing options allowing you to watch with words (like subtitles) if you want and also something called a `Key Word Builder'. This is really quite fun and lets you learn 5 new words for each tale. We found that a couple of the words were a little advanced for our son at the moment but hopefully he will pick them up over the coming months.

However the icing on the cake is the free CD that comes with it. This is an audio only version of the fairy tales, which we have found is perfect for a nice bedtime story.
on 1 January 2009
I would have given this product 5 stars but i was a little upset by a couple of things i watched... if someone can explain to me if i am mistaken by my upsetness i would be more than happy to listen.

Jack and the beanstalk story... i wasn't impressed that jack went to the giant's house the 3rd time out of greed, (he already stole a hen that laid golden eggs, so why go again)? anyway, he stole the 3rd time and the giant ran after him and when jack saw the giant coming down the stalk he asked his mom to help him bring an axe ... i wan't impressed that the giant fell down from the tree and onto the ground to DIE just like that...! I couldn't understand what the moral of the story was.... go steal several times from a stranger and if they catch you, KILL THEM?!> please explain what a child should understand from this!

the second story was the 3 little piggies... i don't think its right to teach children its ok to kill? i mean, the pigs lured the wolf into the chimney in order he falls into a boiling couldren to die?! why is the issue of killing animals or humans recurring in this video!? maybe the could have placed a net or a trap or anything else !?
55 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 January 2013
Both the DVD and Audio CD are excellent. I bought this for my granddaughter who is 2 years old. She loves listening to the CD in the car which is an added bonus. I thought the DVD would not hold her attention as the characters are not very life-like but she really is spellbound. Perfect for keeping todders quiet!
on 25 October 2011
I bought this for my toddler who absolutely adores the learn to talk DVD which he's had since 6 months. However, this really doesn't come close. It's not particluarly educational and the stories aren't anything special. I was disappointed and my son has no interest in it at all, but will watch the learn to talk dvd over and over.
on 11 September 2011
I have a 15 month old who loves the simple imagery of these tales. They are well read - articulate and precise.
Excellent length and not too much detail. Perfect introduction to some of our favourite tales.
on 11 March 2013
At last, something you can put on television for toddlers which is not totally stupid and annoying. My two year old grandaughter has loved it.