on 12 February 2017
Cheap and cheerful pin vice, useful for securing small delicate watch parts (stems, mostly) when you need a good handle on something. Hopefully will also be useful for pre-drilling leather prior to stitching, I expect, although I will probable resort to my Dremel drill press for that ...

The whole thing comes apart by unscrewing to reveal a couple of spare collets.

The drill bits come in their own small plastic box and are an interesting additional attraction, as small bits like these are often hard to come by. Other reviews suggest their quality is a bit suspect, but can't argue with the price.

Overall, not bad, but if you want a quality tool, look to spend a bit more and get a really good one.
on 24 August 2015
One of the five supplied drill bits was totally useless (blunt) and the plastic collets (sp?) need some serious tightening to make sure the stay in place when actually drilling (I'm only using it on plastic kits, I'd go for something a little more robust for metal). However, for the price and for plastic modelling the kit seems perfectly adequate. Maybe another couple of quid for a few more drill bits?!
Just a suggestion.
3 people found this helpful
on 20 September 2015
Broke within minutes of using... The drill bits don't stay secure no matter how much you tighten it... Useless!
5 people found this helpful
on 28 December 2016
As others have said, the drill bits just don't tighten in place, and thus don't turn properly and are useless! I tried for a while using the small drill bit by hand and then gave up and used the hand drill I already had, so this was only useful to me for the tiny drill bits, which I probably could have bought cheaper by themselves. Very disappointing.
on 10 August 2016
Price competitive.
Arrived in good time.
Product is of good quality.

The only minus is some of the smaller drills are quick difficult to secure into the bit. Strong hands are required.
Overall a good product which I have found to be very useful for miniature modelling and around the house.
One person found this helpful
on 23 June 2016
Does the job perfectly, includes an extra collett for the smaller drill bits located in the middle section. I am using it on plastic modelling. For that it does the job. Too much force and the bits will break.
One person found this helpful
on 15 February 2017
Not very good sorry to say, the drills do not fit into the vise therefore you cannot drill. I think a 'bit' is required to make the aperture smaller and tighter
on 14 November 2016
Exactly what I wanted. Wotrks nicely, good amount of bits.
on 19 June 2017