Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Discover more Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 15 November 2008
This 5 disc set represents superb value for money as every track is a classic dance tune.I like the way they have grouped certain styles of dance music together on each disc.For instance disc 2 features tunes from the late 80's and early 90's predominantly and disc 5 has a selection of trance tunes for your listening pleasure.I havnt skipped a single track whilst listening to this bad boy over the last few nights and with a 100 tunes to get through thats pretty good going.I'm also recommending the "100 Club Classics" as the perfect companion to this set and with both your in for some great tunes and great memories of dancing in smoke filled nightclubs on a Saturday night! Buy them now and turn up that bass!
on 25 April 2012
"100 Hits Dance Anthems" is a great five disc set of 100 songs. The following are some of the captivating melodies in this collection:
"The Way" by Divine Inspiration
"Spin Spin Sugar" by Sneaker Pimps
"A Little Less Conversation" by Elvis Vs. Jxl
"Keep On Jumping 2007" by Lisa Marie Experience
"Everybody's Free" by Rozalla
"100 Hits: Dance Anthems" is great for those who enjoy pop, dance, and/or trance music compilations from various artists.
on 1 July 2009
There are many of these types of albums around now, and in many forms - ie 80's, 90's, pop, dance, indie etc. This one, club classics, represents fairly decent value for money in that it contains 100 songs and can be picked up for around £7 (perhaps less). The problem doesnt lie with quantity, or indeed price - rather with the quality of song selections, which while not all bad, are hardly anything that smacks you in the face with a feeling of amazement. Admittedly there is some good stuff here, and a varied selection of styles, which is a plus if you want a cheap cd for playing at discos or even home use. I cant individualize each song, it would take too long, but on occasion certain versions are disappointing - Read my lips, Happiness Happening, Meet Her at the Love Parade are ones of note. There are much classier versions around. Perhaps they are limited as to which versions they are allowed to use - limited even by song selection.
These are in no way bad albums to own. As I previously touched on, they can be good value for home or disco use. In terms of quality music, this falls short to my personal taste, and I know for certain there are better quality albums of this genre. In summary then, a value album with some good songs on (bound to be with 100 in total), but let down by some poor versions and too much filler to feel like the majority is quality. I think 3 stars is a fair mark here, and if you can pick it up cheap it's not a bad buy.
44 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 November 2011
Good product some songs that i wouldn't call DANCE ANTHEMS more like Rubbish but that is my personal choice There are some Great song on it too quick delivery and good value for money.
on 1 August 2013
Totally awesome haven't stopped dancing yet brilliant will recommend this 2 everyone 2 buy so u 2 can have fun
on 2 October 2014
perfect
on 16 September 2012
real cracking cd with some good old time memories on - bound to be a few ones I dislike on 100 hits but mostly good tunes to enjoy
on 23 March 2014
excellent cd full of good quality music and ideal for people who love club music.would recommend other people to buy this cd
on 21 September 2013
The young people seem to enjoy this music so that's the main thing. Not my cup of tea but thanks anyway.
I thought "100 Hits of the 80's" was poor, but I feel this is worse. I only save onto iTunes what I feel I would then like to have on my iPod. In all, I eventually ended up with 20 more tracks in my collection, but 8 of those were questionadle and will be deleted next time I have a purge and get rid of borderline tracks. If you're a fan of Godkitchen, Gatecrasher or any other trance style music, avoid this compilation as it's bound to disappoint. Virtually no instrumental tracks and again, 5 that I did save onto my PC were duplicates of stuff I already had, but the mix was marginally different. As with many of these compilations, there were far too many female singers who appeared to be in considerable pain. If these are considered Club Classics, I fear what the average club music might sound like.

However, I appreciate that music is down to personal taste and this is way off what I like. If you really want this album then don't let me put you off but don't blame me if you find it as uninspiring as I did.