Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

1,139
Colour: Pink|Change

on 23 October 2008
I bought a Trunki for my 3 1/2 year old son for a family holiday to the USA. We flew on 3 planes and subsequently had to negotiate 2 large airports. He will not sit in a pram so I thought this may be a good alternative. My son had a blast on his trunki. He enjoyed either being pulled or propelling himself along. We never had to wonder where he was (he has a tendency to wander)as he was always sitting right there, even in the long immigration queues. It carried enough junk, I mean treasures, to keep him entertained during all the waiting around. I would recommend it to everyone. One word of caution, however, is don't allow your older children (including Dads) to pull it too fast in a rally car type fashion as it will topple over. If pulled responsibly it will stay upright. Once again, it was a great purchase. If you are undecided I say buy it, you will not regret it.
0Comment| 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 October 2007
I bought one of these for my two year old son for our holiday. He loves it, he preferred to ride it himself as apposed to me pull him around on it, which when in an airport can prove quite alkward, but it was better than him running off.
It was light weight and fitted loads in it and it also attracted lots of attention and brought smiley faces.
My son wanted to ride it all the time even when we got home, but i've kept it for those special times.
Would highly recommend buying one if going away with little ones.
VINE VOICEon 27 June 2010
A Trunki is a little suitcase designed for children 3-6 years old. They come in a range of different designs but are all the same size and shape. They are not only suitcases but double up as ride ons! Each different design has a different name, which is fun for kids and makes them feel like their Trunki has a life of their own! My daughter chose this pink Trunki, calle Trixie...

Trunki's aren't very big and are certainly not the size of adult suitcases (be aware of this if buying online). They are infact designed to hold hand luggage and meet the current UK hand luggage restrictions. They are suprisngly lightweight and are also quite deep.

Our Trunki looks like a mini suitcase. It has wheels and 2 'horns' on the front (these are for the child to hold on to whilst they ride). Our Trunki also has a handle for adults to pick the case up. It also has a thick strap that can be used on an adults shoulder or to unclip and pull the case along.

Trixie is very pretty and very eyecatching - we always get comments on it and it always stands out, so there's no chance of us losing it. She is also an 'updated' version which means there are a number of new features. The first feature is a plastic key that is attached to the main strap - this is to add extra security to the Trunki. The second feature is the carry handle on top of the case which is good for adults to grab in a rush. The third and fourth features are an internal pouch and 'teddybear seatbelts' - the internal pouch is handy for storing small things away and the teddybear seatbelts hold everything in place and appear to make extra space inside the Trunki. The fifth feature is a Trunki passport - this is a small, cardboard passport intended on keeping tots entertained, you can fill the passport up with holiday information and downloads (I must admit we haven't yet bothered with this but it may well come in useful in a couple of years time).

The case is opened and closed via 2 secure catches either side of the case. These catches are easy enough for adults to open but not so easy for children - this has its upsides and downsides. The Trunki also has a soft rubber rim around the edges to protect little fingers whilst packing.

My daughters most favourite thing about her Trunki is the fact she can ride on it. The main strap can be removed for zooming around on the Trunki by herself or the main strap can be removed at just one end of the Trunki so I can pull her along on it (without her moaning or falling behind!). Even though my daughter has just turned 3 years old her Trunki isn't too big for her - she can climb on and off with ease and even needs to bend her legs a little when I pull her along on it. The first few times I pulled her along on her Trunki I was quite nervous that it would tip over and she would fall off, but I was relieved to find that the Trunki was very sturdy and had good stabilisers to prevent her from falling off. To date we have had no incidents with our Trunki, fingers crossed.

Our Trunki has come in very useful for when we have been queueing to check in or waiting around in departure lounges - my daughter has her own portable seat! It also fits nicely under seats and in overhead compartments. We have travelled via plane and train with our Trunki so far...

We are yet to receive any damage to our Trunki (or any of the contents inside our Trunki) as it is very robust. It is made from the same hard plastic as adult suitcases are which means it's designed to be strong and durable.

There is plenty of space inside our Trunki and it holds everything my daughter needs whilst travelling. It isn't really big enough for anything other than holding hand luggage, except for an overnight stay and maybe a weekends worth of stuff at a push.
on 17 January 2010
I bought a trunki for each of my children (aged 5 and 3) and used them on a flight twice. The product is useful for:
* Carrying lots of toys to use on the plane, without having to CARRY lots of toys.
* Giving the kids something to play with to a certain extent though the 3 yr old had trouble riding on it and the 5 year old's legs were too long.
* Dragging kids along quickly to the gate (I managed to haul both of them along at a really fast pace while they rode)
* Seats for the kids when they complain they're tired. They are really sturdy.
* Carrying luggage (the long straps work well)
* Fitting into overhead lockers. On an Airbus 777 they fit in side by side, with the "faces" facing you and there is lots of room for other luggage in the overhead.
* Having an older child drag along her own luggage a good distance.

The design could be improved in the following ways:
* More thought into a strap for the kids to pull it along themselves. Somehow this wasn't quite right.
* They can topple over if dragged incompetently (as a child would). Perhaps adjusting the centre of gravity would make a difference.
* The clips to open the bag are slightly fiddly and wearing on nails as you have to open one side and then unhook the other. Things always seem to get caught in the side when closing so it takes a bit longer than you'd hope.

Overall, being a single travelling mother of two it was really handy to have them and I'm happy with the purchase.
11 Comment| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 April 2010
As a recently widowed parent of three young children I knew we needed a holiday this year but was not sure how I would managed the kids and their luggage! Trunki = problem solved! Now the eldest girl can help me with the bigger case and my 5 year old twins have their own to be responsible for - or at least that is the plan!!! The Trunki is really sturdy, perfect for cabin luggage and will be ideal when they need to sit down and take the weight off their little legs - can't wait to use them!!!!
on 28 February 2008
We bought one for our grandson as they were going on holiday to Australia.
He thought it was brilliant and so did everyone in Singapore and Australia airports as they kept asking where they got them from.
on 27 October 2015
My granddaughter loves using her Trunki even when she is not going on holiday. The product is very well made and is a good kick in the pants for the investors on "Dragons Den" who turned it down.
on 7 April 2010
I bought a trunki to take my child's holiday stuff on board the plane, so that we coould avoid excessive hold luggage costs with the cheaper airlines. It is advertised as being ideal for such instances. Sadly and thanks to a random Google search I have found out that Ryainair is sooooo tight with it's cabin allowance that Trunki's don't meet their specifications (55x40x20), as the Trunki is 20.5. This is a real shame. I thought I'd put this post here, not because Trunki have done anything wrong, but because the case isn't always as ideal as we would like, esp when trying to travel cheaply with kids.
on 26 January 2016
Over priced, and it looks a little small for my 3 year old (big 3 year old). Still, my boy loves it, and is looking forward to using it when we fly to Oz in April. Bought the saddle bag and drink puppet sock thing to go with it - time will tell if it was worth the money.... Fingers crossed!

My boy absolutely adores the trunkie though, so it gets points for that,
on 18 August 2016
bought this for grandchild, 4, who will go on holiday soon and who loves it and has been riding it along the hallway all afternoon...if it holds up well during the trip, and does not get broken, or tips over in the airport corridors, i will add one more star...it has not been through the actual travel-testing yet...plenty of room for books, toys, pens and crayons...and for a cosy pillow...so far, so good...later, after return from trip...superb...was exactly what was needed, in the long, dismal airport corridors, hurrying to gates/passport control/luggage pick-up...great for keeping all the equipment collected...we saw lots of other families with trunkies too..good idea, well executed...we are happy, and add one star...wish these had been around 50 years ago...