on 10 January 2018
As all Remington straighteners it got broken after a year or bit longer then year.
I had around 5-6 Remington straighteners.They last no longer then one year.
It works very good tho.
That’s why this one star.
on 20 May 2017
So worth the money makes my hair look so healthy and shiny thank you
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Ordered these for my partner and they are excellent, they heat up in seconds and leave hair like you just left a salon. Well worth every penny would recomend these to anyone. Carry pouch keep them safe when not in use can't rate them enough 5 stars doesn't seem enough.
on 8 September 2017
VERY HAPPY
on 23 December 2015
ok
on 29 May 2010
My stylist used these on my hair, temperature control is good which you can adjust, Took me a bit to get used to them as sometimes you can press the wrong temperature button by mistake. These tongs would be good if they did it for short hair too
on 1 April 2017
Just as good as GHD's. Great buy
on 13 December 2008
These are the best hair straighteners I've ever had. They're equally as good as GHD's at less than half the price! They heat up quickly and glide smoothly through your hair whilst straightening or curling (whichever style you go for!) The only thing I find a bit annoying is where the temperature and on and off buttons are situated on the front of the straighteners. While I'm using them, its very easy to press either the temperature button or the on/off switch by mistake. They try to get round that problem by putting a lock feature on, so you can lock it at a certain temperature, but its just extra hassle to have to do that. I've noticed most hair straighteners make the same mistake by having the buttons on the front. However the last ones I had, the buttons were on the side and you had to press them hard to change the settings, which was much better. Message to Remington - Put the buttons on the side next time!
11 Comment| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 17 June 2012
I have long, thick hair that has a natural slight wave in it. I've never used hair straighteners before but having read the many glowing reviews on Amazon I decided to try these Remington ones, especially as they were at a special discounted price. Well I've used them now several times and I'm very impressed with them. They heat up quickly, (it beeps when ready) they can be locked into the heat setting required by holding down the minus button for a couple of seconds, likewise held down again to release the locked position. I also bought large hair clips for sectioning my hair, which made it easier to straighten sections of hair, starting from the back and underneath. The straighteners have a built in conditioning treatment in the ceramic plates, though I'd recommend using a styling spray to protect the hair from heat damage too. My hair is almost waist length but I found it quite easy to use the straighteners on my hair all over, it took me about 15-20 minutes and the results are amazing, my hair instantly looked smooth straight and shiny, much shinier than before. My hair stayed straight and smooth too until I next washed it. I'd definitely recommend these, I have no negatives comments at all about them. Delivery was quick from Amazon too, great purchase.
on 13 November 2008
Remington S9950 U51 Shine Therapy Conditioning Hair Straightener My GHDs died on me,,so i needed a replacement. I brought this item and it work just as good as GHDs. It glided so easily and didnt tug my hair like some straighteners do!My hair is smoother but the downside is that it take more than 30 seconds to heat up! i do recommend thsi product!!
11 Comment| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse