on 6 January 2010
After having 5 of these and 3 being sent back for feezing up, breaking up, distorted sound, I eventually gave up and kept 2. One seems to be Ok except for poor quality sound on some higher channels. The other takes 10 minutes to warm up, giving until then a breaking up picture and distorted sound. They are advertised as giving PiP (picture-in-picture), but they do not.
It's a pity the electronics are not as good as the cabinet, which turns the One-eyed-god into a nicer piece of furniture. I can't fault the finish to the cabinet. The Swedx web site price is a joke. No one in their right mind would pay that for a 19" DTV, never mind one that does not perform. I note with dismay the many other similar reviews to this one. Please Swedx make one that works as well as it looks and market it at a reasonable price.
on 4 February 2012
Bought this TV at a very low price and after reading all the reviews good and bad decided to go for it.
The good points are it has a high spec with fantastic picture quality! kicking speakers! its slimline as well its great to look at. bad points are switches its self off sometimes not lots, but now and again. The speakers crackle and pop badly on HDMI mode, but only now and again on scart or VGA connection. Sometimes remote does not work and the TV kind of gets stuck and you can't do anything with it, it won't even turn on or off at that point and you just have pull the power lead out and put it back in to reset it or switch it of then on again.
All that stuff sounds bad I know? but I think it still is a great TV having fantastic picture quality and sound and at the price I paid for it I am happy and would buy another one and did buy another one.
Now if I had paid the full new price for the TV from swedx and they are very expensive new from swedx I would probably not be happy with the TV and all them minor faults would really niggle me.
So all in all if you do decide to buy one don't expect it to be perfect go and buy some other make instead.
on 15 February 2011
We've bought 3, yes 3 of these and no problems with them..nice wood cabinets, decent picture and sound whether used as a TV or a PC monitor,[helps save space!] inbuilt free-view a bonus!..
on 17 April 2010
The TV looks nice and feels nice. But after having it on for a little while it doesn't respond to the remote control anymore, i.e. you cannot up-down the volume or switch between sources. You have to switch it off and start from the beginning. I tried using the buttons at the side of the TV instead of the remote, but they do not respond either when the remote fails.

Considering that I also have issues with the Swedx beech keyboard and the computer mouse, I would say that the company has to perfect their technology to match their perfect design.

I would not venture to buy anything from them again until I see that their feedback considerably improves in the near future. Surely I can't be the only one this unlucky and unhappy.
on 22 September 2011
I brought one of these for my caravan, seeing as my caravan is finished in beech it seemed a good idea, fired it up and greeted with picture break up, thinking it was the aerial, until i noticed that it would settle after 5 mins to a great picture, so sent that one back and took delivery of replacement,

Great no picture breakup, but all is not rosy, The channel hopping does freeze up sometimes and no tv guide? it has something called epg but this only gives you whats on the channel you're watching for the day!!

looks fantastic but the Samsung engine needs serious attention
on 6 October 2008
We didn't actually buy this through Amazon, in fact we bought it cheaper elsewhere this weekend, reduced apparently from £330. We loved it from the minute we set eyes on it. Not only was it totally different from anything else we had seen but the price for a digital 19 inch, good quality tv was really good. £139!
The picture is brilliant, although it is best with our Virgin box running through it I have to admit. We need to invest in a properly boosted aerial for the digital channels as we can't pick up the digital channels well without, but we have this problem on our digital freeview on our dvd recorder so we were not surprised.
The sound is crystal clear, far outstripping what we had before. It more than does it's size justice.
We bought it for the bedroom, to match all the furniture, and it is perfect. Can't recommend it enough!
I have to admit to not having written many reviews before but I was so impressed with this little gem that I wanted to this time when I found them on here. I am only disappointed that Swedx don't do a matching DVD player!!! ;o)
My only warning is that you make sure you get the colour you really want, as we were nearly given an ash one and this would definitely have been far too light for what we wanted. The beech was definitely the one we were after.
A good 5 star rating !
11 Comment| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 14 November 2008
Bought three of these not from this site, and all of them have a major problem, one won't switch on with the remote, one takes approx 3mins to warm up, last one decides after 5 mins it has had enough.
They look amazing, and the picture quality is great (if only they worked)
Please be very careful when you buy check and double check it.
This makes me so cross how come you can by three tvs and all of them not working properly, must be SWEDX.
55 Comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 October 2010
This TV is stunning to look at......The cabinet is super, Just one minor quibble.
The thing hardly ever works! It just freezes up mid program and that's it. Returned it to Curry's under the guarentee and they said there was nothing wrong and must be my airial!
Needless to say...I wont be buying one of these again.......especially from currys......
on 15 November 2008
This is a fab little tv for the price and its used in our conservatory. We've had no issues with the freeview at all and looks stunning with the rest of the furniture around the room. Really good sound quality. The picture is good on all major channels but teletext seems to have a mind of its own but we dont care. If you want something different, then give this one a try. Wonderful!
on 28 January 2012
These tv s are terrible quality, i am on number 2 as well, they freeze up and the remote fails, its very disappointing and i will not buy any products from this brand ever again.