on 19 March 2011
this product is very chunky but strong.It minces meat with ease, maybe a bit finer than you might like,but altogether ok.
The problem I found with this piece of kit is, it will not clamp to a 40mm work top! and the finish was a bit rough ,but it ts servicable.
on 16 August 2012
I must agree with the review posted by GRAEME. If it was possible I would give it a minus.

I purchased this and the picture does not match what was sent, it was sent with only one cutter instead of the two illustrated and without the feet,

DSD will not acknowledge that the product is not as described and try to put the blame onto Amazon.

I think that the only thing I can do is to contact Trading Standards for advice.
on 12 February 2012
The product is Ok but not particularly well made but then it is inexpensive. Also, I found that it is difficult to fit to my worktops because the screw adjustment doesn't really allow for more than about 1 inch.
on 16 May 2013
This must be the worst item I have EVER bought online. It looks nothing like the picture, it's cheaply made and has no rubber/plastic protectors on the feet or holding screw. The only place you can attach it to that's not too thick is a windowsill, even then it took the paint off it. Thank goodness I couldn't attach it to my worktop or it would have scratched it! The metal is some sort of sprayed on stuff that chips off easily. When I contacted the seller for a refund they told me that they would only refund the price of the item and NOT postage. When you add up the price of sending it back compared to the price of the item its not worth it. I feel very conned!
on 31 May 2012
A very traditional design, which produces good minced meat, but difficult to clean effectively and the mincing parts tend to rust easily.
on 16 April 2009
This meat mincer does not work. I used it only once. It could not push the meat through the holes in the nozzle. Furthermore, rust started forming in the front section immediately. It was a waste of time, money and of good meat.
11 Comment| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 July 2011
This might be an old fashioned mincer but it can do everything the modern electricals can do but even better.
on 24 February 2014
We were very excited, to buy this item, as my mum had one when I was a little girl, which was brilliant....Unfortunatly, it let us down. It is great for mincing up cooked meat, but it is useless for raw meat. We thought we would make some burgers, so we bought some cubed steak. It was near on impossible to get through the mincer ! It kept jamming, and what little did come out, was mush, not mince!
on 8 September 2012
Very disappointing. The one we received was dreadful quality, clearly shown with two blades and only supplied with one, no protective "feet" and so badly made that the handle wouldn't fit the shaft meaning it is useless. There is "Cheap and Cheerful", but this is "Cheap and Dreadful". Spend a bit more and get a proper one!
on 18 March 2012
Unless you are going to mince the best cuts of meat I wouldn't bother with this piece of kit as it is not up to the job. It can handle meat that is sinew/fat free but try putting anything through with sinew and heavier amounts of fat and it will get wrapped around the cutting blade and disc. Tried lamb and venison with the same results. It took around 30 minutes to mince about 1 lbs of lamb. Most of that time was spent removing and cleaning the blade and disc.