Customer reviews

4,414
HP 364XL High Yield Yellow Original Ink Cartridge (CB325EE)
Size: High Yield|Colour: Yellow|Change

on 18 June 2014
False advertised product. The seller advertised a 800page printing ink, but product which arrived was not the same as the advertised product. Different box, and only prints 550 pages.
33 Comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 October 2017
CB320EE - first one, then it's replacement cartridges arrived DOA reporting that they were "Missing or Damaged", went through the whole HP Printer troubleshooting guidance step-by-step and it wasn't the printer at issue as only replacing the almost empty original cartridge would bring the printer back online. Amazon customer support were very understanding kindly stepped in and sent a third one which arrived today and installed without issue. I have a theory which may not be correct but it's probably that these inks are getting old as newer printers take different cartridges and less of us use this mark, so we are getting dodgier and dodgier stocks. There is no direct way to query HP on cartridges as their support sites do not accept parts references to start the support ball rolling. I've attached a picture of both boxes as dispatched by Amazon, both appear identical with used by dates of May 2018 and both manufactured in Ireland, the damaged one came in the box above and the now installed one is from the box below, no clue as to why only 1 in 3 received this week wasn't defective. UPDATE - The third cartridge has failed, I've had to put back the almost empty one again. Picture is of all three the warranty dates as suggested by HP support (see their reply) are below (the almost empty one is 2019/02) and the two full but defective ones are 2018/05 and 2019/05 as shown on the scales.
review image review image review image review image
33 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 August 2016
My printer show this cartridge's ink level is full, however while it printing there is no black ink come out of this new cartridge. I tried all cleaning cartridge heads and alignment function and it still does not works. I'm totally sure that issue is not caused by faulty of my printer as the printing was back to normal while i put back my old cartridge.
on 10 August 2016
A USELESS PRODUCT THE BLACK CARTRIDGE DOES NOT FIT THE PRINTER. IT IS LARGER THAN ALL THE REST. i HAVE SPENT HOURS GOING ROUND IN CIRCLES WITH HP AND GOT NOWHERE. DON'T THEY TELL YOU THEY CHANGE THE SIZE OF THE CARTRIDGE? OR DON'T YOU EVEN KNOW? THE PHOTOSMART 5720 IS USELESS AND WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT THE COMPLETE SET IN THE PRINTER.
UR NOT THE ONLY ONE HAVE BOUGHT 5 PACKS ALL THE SAME. BLK. DOES NOT FIT.
on 19 April 2016
I recently I ordered a set of HP 364 original ink cartridges on 12 th April and they were delivered to my address before 5pm the next day 13th April. The following day 14th April I put these cartridges into my printer. I must state I do not use my printer for business, only to print down boarding passes etc (minimal use). Imagine my horror today 19th April when the printer stated that the cartridges will need replacing as there is little ink left. These are supposed to be original / authentic HP ink cartridges. I am a senior citizen and cannot afford to pay for cartridges that are not fit for purpose. Badly let down by HP 364 original Ink cartridges.
on 7 October 2017
Maybe I'm just getting old and forgetful but I'm sure the XL cartridges used to last longer than they do now.

Although I'm not a high frequency printer I would never buy the standard cartridges any more in favour of these ones. Having four separate cartridges is good as they can each be changed independently but I maybe need a five pack with an extra black cartridge.

Also, compare the price of the individual cartridges against this pack price. Sometimes it works out cheaper to buy them individually.
on 1 October 2015
I'm concerned about this product. I bought this item, I have printed no more than 31 pages (exactly 1 document) ALL PAGES IN DRAFT and the ink levels of this cartridge are reporting as needing replacing. I purchased this on the 3rd September, I am the only one with access to my printer, nobody ever uses it but me. Are these genuine?
on 8 September 2014
It's a genuine HP ink cartridge. What can you say? Price was OK (they're never exactly cheap are they?), it fits and works fine. I must admit that I always buy genuine cartridges nowadays after a very bad experience a few years back with compatibles that wrecked my printer and cost me more in replacements and lost time than I ever saved. I don't think anyone can declare that they're delighted to pay for a tiny amount of fluid in an electronically smart package, a sum that is more expensive per litre than just about anything else on Earth. However, we all value out time don't we and personally, I need things to just work as they should without faffing about and knowing the results will be reliable and uniformly good.
on 26 February 2014
I have just complained to Amazon with regards to this ink cartridge as bought it on 6th January, barely used it and when I did, I had to choose the " best " print option as the draft that I usually use showed up no print at all !! Consequently, it has run out of ink far quicker than my normal use but still has only printed about 80 - 100 sheets of paper. I have had to order a replacement so the total cost in about 6 weeks has averaged nearly £30. Very annoyed and the thought of using non HP cartridges all of a sudden seems very tempting, particularly when I have just been told that I need to wait for feedback from HP to see if the batch was faulty. They are hardly likely to admit and say Yes …………...
on 27 June 2014
Perhaps they print 550 pages with one word on each page?
The last one of these lasted us just 2 months, and we definitely didn't use 550 pages or anything like - there wasn't that much paper in the box to start with and there's plenty left. And no, I haven't been printing lots of heavy graphics. These cartridges are so expensive, but seem to 'run out' randomly. Either they're badly made to maximise their profits or deliberately designed to fail so we have to spend huge amounts of money to buy more...