Customer reviews

4,338
Size: Standard|Colour: Black|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 August 2014
In 2010 HP "updated" the size of their XL ink cartridge and, basically, reduced the print yield from 800 pages to 550 pages.

The cartridge shrank in size and although there was a price reduction it was not proportionate to the 31 per cent print yield shrinkage.

It's also difficult in any case to be too positive about something that, drop for drop, costs far more than a fine Champagne.

Still, having used generic inks previously - and suffered the consequences including ruined printers - I'm now a firm believer in HP inks. The quality is simply far better than most if not all of the generic efforts I've tried.

The difference is noticeable immediately in terms of smudging, drying time and depth of colour in photos.

This isn't to say that the price HP charges for their ink is justifiable (it really isn't) but until there's competition in terms of quality it is the only show in town.
on 8 September 2014
It's a genuine HP ink cartridge. What can you say? Price was OK (they're never exactly cheap are they?), it fits and works fine. I must admit that I always buy genuine cartridges nowadays after a very bad experience a few years back with compatibles that wrecked my printer and cost me more in replacements and lost time than I ever saved. I don't think anyone can declare that they're delighted to pay for a tiny amount of fluid in an electronically smart package, a sum that is more expensive per litre than just about anything else on Earth. However, we all value out time don't we and personally, I need things to just work as they should without faffing about and knowing the results will be reliable and uniformly good.
on 15 August 2014
I ordered this in May 2014 and when i came around to need to replace the cartridge I found that it was DEFECTIVE and did not work. I see that it is no longer made in Ireland as the previous one was but in the Czech Republic and is missing two gold contact points. As it is more than 30 days since I ordered it I cannot return it. This was also the case for the four pack of different colours - the black one is DEFECTIVE although i have not yet tried the other ones. WARNING - DO NOT GET THIS UNTIL THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN SORTED OUT!!!
on 19 April 2016
I recently I ordered a set of HP 364 original ink cartridges on 12 th April and they were delivered to my address before 5pm the next day 13th April. The following day 14th April I put these cartridges into my printer. I must state I do not use my printer for business, only to print down boarding passes etc (minimal use). Imagine my horror today 19th April when the printer stated that the cartridges will need replacing as there is little ink left. These are supposed to be original / authentic HP ink cartridges. I am a senior citizen and cannot afford to pay for cartridges that are not fit for purpose. Badly let down by HP 364 original Ink cartridges.
on 7 June 2017
I know we all think the cost of printer ink is a rip off but leaving this aside HP product has always been reliable. Tried the 3rd party inks but one of the colour cartridges was empty ! So I grin and bear it. Also the number of pages claimed is most dubious and presumably relates to plain paper. If you are printing photos expect short lived ink and a drain on your financial resources.
on 1 October 2015
I'm concerned about this product. I bought this item, I have printed no more than 31 pages (exactly 1 document) ALL PAGES IN DRAFT and the ink levels of this cartridge are reporting as needing replacing. I purchased this on the 3rd September, I am the only one with access to my printer, nobody ever uses it but me. Are these genuine?
on 26 February 2014
I have just complained to Amazon with regards to this ink cartridge as bought it on 6th January, barely used it and when I did, I had to choose the " best " print option as the draft that I usually use showed up no print at all !! Consequently, it has run out of ink far quicker than my normal use but still has only printed about 80 - 100 sheets of paper. I have had to order a replacement so the total cost in about 6 weeks has averaged nearly £30. Very annoyed and the thought of using non HP cartridges all of a sudden seems very tempting, particularly when I have just been told that I need to wait for feedback from HP to see if the batch was faulty. They are hardly likely to admit and say Yes …………...
on 17 November 2016
first time purchased ink jet from Amazon site,, however the three colours worked fine,
but the black cartridge seemed to be "A Dud"
will not be purchasing this item again from this company.
subsequently had to purchase from a local supermarket - for the same price actually.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 27 June 2014
Perhaps they print 550 pages with one word on each page?
The last one of these lasted us just 2 months, and we definitely didn't use 550 pages or anything like - there wasn't that much paper in the box to start with and there's plenty left. And no, I haven't been printing lots of heavy graphics. These cartridges are so expensive, but seem to 'run out' randomly. Either they're badly made to maximise their profits or deliberately designed to fail so we have to spend huge amounts of money to buy more...
on 31 January 2016
Good product - but expensive, relatively. Now my printer is outside warranty, I have been trying alternative, cheaper types of cartridge which give acceptable prints. Printer pauses 50 - 75% of print jobs to advise my that a non- HP cartridge has been detected and then waits until I have confirmed that I know this. I consider this an irritating abuse of HPs position which, if anything, reinforces my intention to use third party cartridges