Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Pre-order now Shop Men's Shop Women's

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 23 July 2008
Many films release tie-in soundtracks, its nothing new. However these soundtracks often feel hollow and lackluster without the visual impact of the film itself.

While I can't say that Wall-E escapes this totally in tracks like Septucentennial or The Spaceship. These are definately pieces of music that bolster and draw inspiration from the moving image that they are paired with. On their own they either sound a little silly or simply seem to run out of any place to go.

However almost all of the music tracks on the disc make exceptional listening. There is a vast array of musical styles that have been pinned down to give this soundtrack a defining character.

Wall-E's theme is a beautifully quirky track that sounds like the mind of a faulty machine. M-O's musical interlude is a fun sleuth-like melody. While 'Eve' and the associated 'Define Dancing' are simply wonderful pieces that speak pure emotion. The final track, the oddly named 'Horizon 12.2', though short, is sheer musical perfection.

Any fan of the movie will adore this soundrack and several who have never seen the film will be most impressed as well!
The Wall-E score is magnificent, combining elements of electronic music that sounds artificial and vice versa to make a truly fitting soundtrack for an absolutely wonderful film. The music is played (or orchestrated, or composed, I don't know) in a light, lilting style, with a playful touch that's often amusing. I'll echo the other reviewers in saying "Horizon 12.2" is indeed musical perfection, and "M-O" is a brief stealthy interlude worth a mention. There's a swell of strings on "Fixing Wall-E" that comes >this< close to making me blub every time I hear it. If pieces like "72 Degrees and Sunny" and "Define Dancing" don't make you infectiously happy (and then others by way of you) you must be the most relentlessly, unflappably depressed person in existence and you have my sympathies. The variation continues with the frantic "Desperate Eve" and traditionally-tinged "Tilt", action-movie-score as they come.

The other, non-Newman tracks on the CD can't stand up to the score in my opinion, and although they're perfectly listenable, it would have been nice to have it totally isolated. Still, I can't recommend this enough. Heartwarming, painful, joyous, expressive and deserving to accompany the masterpiece that is the film.
on 19 May 2009
I love this soundtrack CD!

I find the music of WALL-E absolutely brilliant and what's even better: the songs are played in the same order as in the movie (except for the BnL jingle).

So it's like watching the movie with the images in my head instead of on the screen.

I like playing this CD in my car. My two-year-old boy loves this music too and sings along with it. That makes a trip all the more enjoyable for all of us.
on 5 April 2009
Bought this for my 3 year-old's birthday. He's likes anything to do with Wall-e, but also likes any kind of music too, so we thought we'd try this out! We're really pleased. Both our children (5 and 3) enjoy listening to it (we do too) and talking about which bits of the film the music would go with. It's fun watching their expressions of anticipation as some of the bits of music come on that are building up the tension in the film, it seems to grip them even more than the actual film! It's got them thinking about how with some music, different instruments "represent" different things, but it's not quite as abstract as some classical music as all the different sounds and bits of the tunes (I'm sure there's a technical word for that) match really well at helping you imagine what's going on. This has probably been helped by the fact that (a) Thomas Newman is fantastic at this kind of stuff and (b) the film itself has very little dialogue and so the music was given much more significance than in a lot of films. Having said all that, this CD isn't specifically a kid's CD, anyone who enjoys film soundtracks or orchestral music will enjoy it. You don't even need to have seen the film to appreciate it, I would say it stands up great on it's own just as great music. Listen to this in the morning, you'll be bouncing along to some of the ditties all day!
on 21 August 2013
Captures the music of the film very well, my 4 year old son loves the movie and this CD brought a big grin to his face. He likes to name the scenes for each track. There are lots of tracks on the CD and it makes for enjoyable listening....
on 29 January 2014
I bought this for my daughter who is a massive Wall-E fan. The only negative was the cover which is made from cardboard and so not very durable. Our favourites on the CD are the BNL jingle and Peter Gabriel's Coming Down, overall this is a good CD with some beautiful classical pieces on.
on 21 May 2013
Thomas Newman, as always, make another work of art here.
Exploring sounds from electronic in his on minimalistic way, combined with the beautifully of his orchestral textures chords progression, he's able to create great soundtrack.

WALL-E OST is really a must have if you like Pixar films and/or Thomas Newman Works.
on 5 January 2009
besides the paper cd case, all is perfect. i can forgive the paper since its all sending out the ecological message to all human race.
the music is magnificen!
on 2 June 2009
I bought this for my 5 year old son as he absolutely loves Wall-e and music so I knew this would be an instant hit.

He has listened to it every night at bedtime since we bought it.
on 7 October 2010
Great great super soundtrack. Really interesting.

Sometimes mixed with sounds from the film, which remembers you some scenes from the film.