Customer reviews

BrainBox Dinosaurs
Price:£36.62+ £2.91 shipping

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 1 February 2013
My little seven year old home-educated relative has a few of these BrainBoxes. Up until now we have had to adapt the rules quite significantly in order to prevent the sulking / hissy fits that seemed to be the inevitable consequence of her memory 'failing' and her getting a question wrong. We've been playing these games in a much more relaxed manner, allowing her to see the card throughout and asking her all eight of the questions on the back of it. Much better for the general ambience than making her feel inadequate in any way. That is, up until now.

The 'Dinosaur' BrainBox cards are among the most informative of any of the sets we have used. Each card gives you the name of a dinosaur, the pronunciation of its name and the meaning of it, a picture of the creature with some kind of idea as to its relative size, its diet, where it lived, when it lived, how much it weighed and at least one additional interesting fact about it. For anyone even remotely interested in dinosaurs this is a fabulous way in which to present data. You can even dispense with the 'game' aspect altogether and simply group the animals into categories or arrange them in geological time order. More to the point, you can bung a few cards in your pocket and whip them out anytime, any place, anywhere - which can also be pretty vital in preventing the odd random sulk / hissy fit.

Having adapted the game for the past two years purely to suit my little friend, I was both surprised and a little nervous when she confronted me the other day with one of these cards and invited me to 'ask her some questions'. That's a bit of a variation on the rules anyway, because you're supposed to memorise the data, throw a die, ask the ONE question that corresponds to that number, pocket the card if you get the answer right and then move on to the next one (or the next player), trying to collect as many as you can in ten minutes. She wanted to try her luck with the whole eight questions, without the benefit of a safety net.

I was a little reluctant, fearing the consequences if she were to get an answer wrong. However, there is obviously something particularly appealing about dinosaurs that makes it incredibly easy for kids to remember facts about them. She got 100% time and time again. When she turned the tables on me things took a rather significant turn for the worse. On the positive side though, at least it was excellent for her own self-esteem. Although by the end of it I felt like having a monumental hissy fit myself.
on 4 January 2016
Not played it was a gift , seemed to be ok thank you seller
on 17 March 2011
Bought this for a friends sons 9th birthday and my son loved the look of it so much he put it on his birthday list. So nice to find a present that is full of facts and that liked by children to.
6 people found this helpful
on 6 February 2014
Bought this for a mad dinosaur boy. We enjoyed playing this. Easy to play and you can have as many players as you please.
on 9 December 2014
Good for kids who have interest in dinosaurs, My son who has Autism loves it. I like to play it with him, or he can play it solo.
on 8 March 2013
A good educational game which was bought as a prize for a boy or girl at Christmas and which I am sure will be educational as well as entertaining.
on 11 January 2013
Purchased for nephew's Christmas who is dinosaur mad. He seemed well pleased. My grandson has the football version and he takes it everywhere with him.
on 10 January 2014
My wee boy loves everything to do with dinosaurs so it is no surprise that he loves this Brainbox Dinosaurs.
on 17 December 2012
Super value for money. Lots of information on your child's favourite topic. Great activity if your child enjoys memorising facts or telling people all about a certain something.
on 22 May 2013
I bought this for a dino fanatic and it was very well received, other than that I'm not a reliable judge.