Customer reviews

Platform: Nintendo DS|Change
Price:£14.95+ Free shipping

on 3 March 2017
Its a good game but very hard to complete the kayak mini-game in under 55 seconds to get the part you need it is still worth buying
on 14 April 2017
A really cute game that is suitable for the age stated on the product (to be honest it's suitable for anyone haha!)

Bought this as a gift, delivered quickly and was exactly as stated in the product information.

No complaints; thank you!
on 26 November 2008
The main reason I have only given this game 3 stars is because I bought it 2 days ago and have already finished it. The gameplay itself is very short (I spent roughly 10 hours playing), which is a shame, as it is overall, a pretty good game. There are things to do once you've finished, but decorating the town and continuing to play mini-games becomes very repetitive.
What I found particularly misleading, however, is that under product information, it states that everything about this game is customizable, which is definately not the case. I have also played the wii version, which I found to be vastly superior, and suggest that if you are going to buy one version or the other- go for the wii.
The game is also very similar to the first Mysims, which I suppose, if you're a big fan is a good thing, but if not, I'd suggest just buying one or the other, as this game doesn't add anything groundbreakingly original to the series.
On the plus side, the graphics are beautiful and colourful, the characters are cute and the mini-games ARE great fun (except kayaking, which I found extremely annoying!).
It is the perfect game for the 'light-gamer,' who just wants a sweet, cute game that can be picked up now and again to kill some time, but if you are looking for intense, lasting gameplay, this is probably not the game for you.
33 Comments| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 December 2008
I got a ds for Xmas and the first game I wanted was my sims, but mum couldn't buy a ds package with that game so she got my sims kingdom! I'm so happy that she did...
I haven't completed the game yet, but so far this is what i think you might need to know.
This game can be a bit confusing at first, but when you get into it, it starts to make more sense!
If you are into missions this is your kinda game. I personally think that you get a bit bombarded with missions but have realised that you dont always need to rush them in order to complete!
You might start to think...WHY CANT I GET INTO MY HOUSE, WHERE IS THE KEY I NEED?
The answer to this is the new mayor Ellen has got your key as she was looking after it. Don't worry she will give it to you soon!
I love this game so far and I am sure that you will if you buy it!
I hope this has helped.
BUY MY SIMS KINGDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 23 January 2009
It took me a while to decide what my next game would be and am so glad i chose this one. Not only do you get to fish, design clothing and join in many mini games you can also choose what you look like. Which is something i think that lets animal crossing down. you have many tasks to complete like finding then taking photos of lost animals, creating new objects and building and you also get to choose stuff for your house. Mini games include ski jump (which also involves blowing into the mic) snowball fights, tennis, star gazing, kayaking and more. Enjoy!!!!!!
on 31 December 2008
I had this for christmas, and i can tell you, i was landed to get this game! I loved the first one and have played it at least 6 times since January. I read the booklet and thought "this will be another great game." Firstly, DO NOT believe the video or adverts- these are for the wii only and will be disapointed. This also applies for the guide- i bought it and had to send it back as this is for the wii only, but does not state that in the description or on the cover of the book itself (however, if you do have a wii as well, get it as it's fantastic (see my other review for the game guide!)). When i first played the game, i was let down. The reason for this is simple- unlike the other game, not so much information is given out by the characters so you really have to work out things for yourself, which can be difficult because sometimes you do not know where to go or who to see. Also, when a character talks, if you accidently tap the screen, you can't go back, so first time, i missed a lot of information which spoiled the enjoyment of the game. I was about to give up when i thought i'd start again. This time, i made sure i did not tap the screen until i had finished reading, and have to say i have now grown to love the game. This does have a story line which is interesting, but in both goes, i achieved the forth star level within four/five hours of play, which i feel is a bit too easy. The fifth star was a lot harder to get and was only achieved at the end of the game. However, like most which end at the credits, this carries on afterwards, so don't assume the jobs done!
I loved the fact that in this game, you can place houses and objects around, unlike the last game. I also feel the fishing has improved ten fold- in the last game, you had to tap the panel each time, but in this one, you are asked if you want to try again in the same setting. I think it would have been even better if you were asked straight away rather than having to go to a sub menu first, but this is a great improvment. It also shows that the size of the cartridge has got bigger as it contains a lot more than the last game!
I liked most of the mini games but some like the ski jump and kayacking (think that's how it's spelt!) take some getting used to. One small tip- you have to achieve at least a bronze to obtain the last remaining part to reach the end of the game and star level 5. It took me 17 goes to get a bronze, and that was just! After that, you don't have to play that game again, which i'm glad about! It should have been given a longer time limit as 55 seconds at easy level isn't long enough! The tennis is also difficult but with practice i'm sure i'll get better! My favourite by far is the ghost shooting- very addictive and i was always trying to get a gold (which i did!). Also, unlike the last game, you can only obtain mney by either selling items or through the mini games. The easiest to gain money from is the ghost shooting.
Overall, this is different from the first game. Here, you don't have a meter telling you how happy someone is, you have to answer questions with the right emotion. If you do, you'll get a prize. You also have to run errands, but these mainly involve having certain types of fish or obtaining certain items. The characters are also varied, and it's nice to meet some of the wii characters that i missed from the first wii game. This game has a lot to offer, although due to the difficulty of the kayacking and ski jump, i would recommend it for 7+. Give the game a chance, read everything carefully, and you'll be rewarded with a game you'll want to play for ages.
on 17 July 2009
My 11yo daughter has put it away due to hardness, she will try to play it time to time but she says she can't complete the ghost part.But she had told me that the video is differnt to her adventure anyway. She says the adventure is like like this:

You are going to live in a new town and you go into the town hall and the king is there angery. He tells you that someone had gone around stealing things and that he can't get to the other island now. There your adventure starts. You help neighbours and they give you iteams for something the professer is building. You get a sucker thing which is where you use it to get resorces and make them into houses, statues, foutains etc and you put them in town. You also find someone wioth a boat and he can send you to the other island for free and whenever you like. But the locals need favours doing and then a another person crash lands and the professer is helping him and you need to get parts to help.

My daughter says she is stuck on the ghost chapther, she has helped defeat the ghosts but nothing ever happens
on 6 February 2010
This game is really good. The characters are very cute, it's quite funny, you get to create your own character, and dad likes playing it with me. It's a little bit hard but very fun. You can save the game whenever you like (not like lego games where you have to get to the end of the level). I think you should get this game if you're reading this review. If you get this game you may want to get other Sim games. I am 8 years old.
on 26 January 2010
i think this game is great but there is this bit were u have to do the kayaking to get a certain item its so hard i have not bothered doing the challenges i just run about its fun because there lots of minigames to play!
on 24 December 2011
I've had this game for a long time now, and I can still play it without being tired of it. Also, I'm stuck on one part.
In comparison to Animal Crossing, this game has something that AC really should have, but doesn't - the ability to choose and edit your character's appearance. You also have a much wider range of clothing, which can be purchased from the local clothing store.
The storyline is good, very fun, and very un-realistic, but it is meant to be obviously. I personally loved all the missions, and the way you uncovered more and more of the land as you did them, and more and more hobbies to try out. As a follow on from MySims, there are many, many new characters, and most of the MySims have gone, but the boy in the animal suit is still there, only in this game he runs a zoo, and you have to take photos of roaming zoo animals for him. When you find one, take a photo and give it to the boy, that animal is then in its enclosure in the zoo (at the start the only animal in the zoo is a crocodile who scares away your character whenever you approach him).
Overall, this game has a good storyline, I didn't find it short, but I was stuck many times, as some parts are quite difficult. But I always figure it out eventually, and this game is fun and different enough to keep my trying. Oh, and it is completely different from MySims in most aspects, enough that I can play the two and not be bored by the similiarities.