on 21 August 2013
I am really pleased with these pens. I'm an illustrator and find them handy for certain pen & ink commissions or just for tidying up fine lines. I opened the packet just over a year ago and have been using them for about three days a week ever since. One is just starting to need replacement - the rest are still going. The other thing I'm very happy about is that the nibs have not been pushed down over time. I can be quite heavy handed with thin pens and have often found this to be a problem in the past - not so with these. They're good and sturdy.

I have purchased many, many similar products and while there are certainly top of the range pens out there which are better, they come at a high price. These are unbelievably good value for everyday drawing and I am buying more packs.
12 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon 22 March 2009
I use these pens at work demonstrating drawing techniques.

The strong black pigment ink does not bleed into most papers, especially bond and light card.

With sizes from 0.05, through 0.1, 0.3, 0.5 and 0.8, it's a draughtsperson's dream.

The 0.05 size is excellent for fine cross hatching while the 0.3 is ideal for fine detail and the 0.8 produces a solid outside line to lift the image off the page.

The 0.1 and 0.5 also help to lend a little extra when it comes to extra detail. I find the 0.5 especially good for text.

Ideal for any aspiring inventor or engineer, it will serve adults and children alike.

But I'm biased - I bought two packs!
36 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 April 2014
When you draw things for a living it becomes important to find pens that do what you want them to. Over the years manufacturers will change the style of pen shape, ink type and even discontinue pens - which can be quite frustrating.
These pens are pretty good overall. They are good to hold - as the barrel is a matt finish so it doesn't slip and slide in your hand. The cap fits onto the other end with a snug click, so you don't lose the caps.
There is an impressive range of sizes, and they do seem to stand up to quite a bit of hammer before they finally die. This is my second set and they seem to just as good as the first. the ink colour seems consistent too, which is a definite bonus.
Not a bad price either, so a pretty good item all in all.
review image
One person found this helpful
VINE VOICEon 21 December 2016
Dense black
Haven't faded yet, but its winter time here, so not much sun!
Lovely to use, that feel good in your hand
5 line widths: 0.05, 0.10, 0.30, 0.50, 0.80mm
These are suitable for adult/high quality output, but given to a child who enjoys drawing and is old enough to deal with pens ~ wow the results can be great
Not very expensive at only £6.80 at the Amazon price
Treat yourself or treat a child who you think would appreciate such smashing pens
on 30 November 2017
Note there is no 0.05, it is only 0.1,2,3,5 and 8, despite what the package says. I was replacing mine, and they have lasted me forever, but I don't use them everyday. I got as pictured thinking I would get a 0.05, but the contents inside are different, as those numbers above. Something the manufacturer needs to sort out....
on 6 July 2014
I have only done a test with these so far as I am still using a set I thought was about to give up the ghost. I am so far delighted with these because of how fine the tips are. It may be that I have got used to my old set (mentioned above but a different make from the Uni Pins) which could have lost some definition with use. However, I never remember my others being as fine as this and especially they did not include the 005 which is really good for very detailed work. I think I will be using these alongside a Faber Castell PITT Artist set, which give a brush-like effect while these give wonderful definition. I am using them for both drawing and lettering and am so far very pleased indeed.
on 23 October 2013
These pens were purchased for the purpose of outlining comic characters. The five pens in this set are really all one would need and they are a lot cheaper on here than in HobbyCraft. They are permanent ink so will not run when watercolour paint is applied.
7 people found this helpful
on 31 January 2013
I have to draw components to add to my service reports, Pencils and ball pens just don't hack it. Fine line drawing pens are just the job to allow scanning of diagrams and textual information. They copy perfectly using digital equipment and fax machines. I can't recommend these enough, there aren't too many brands of these and price is an issue. These are worth the little extra !
5 people found this helpful
on 9 May 2017
These pens are very trustworthy, they never bleed, leak or smudge and are perfect for making notes or drawing. The variety of nib diameters are very useful- I use the 0.8 for titles, the 0.3 for writing and the 0.05 for detailed drawing.
I have been buying these from my local art shop for years, but from now on I will definitely be buying them here - it's a great price! Delivery was very speedy, so overall I have no complaints and would definitely recommend these pens.
on 29 January 2016
bought these quite a long time ago and I am still using them I am an rtist and use them quite reguly in my pen and ink work, a good variety of line widths water resistant and lightfast which is what I need in my line of work. a really good holding grip on these pencils as well, would definitely recommend these pencils