on 12 November 2011
These are not the bulbs advertised. They are FAKE labelled 'Ever-Ready'. Every one I have tried so far has caused a short circuit and BLOWN THE HOUSE FUSES. I strongly recommend you do not buy anything from this supplier.
66 Comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 August 2017
On hindsight, ordering lightbulbs through the post maybe isn't THAT good an idea. The parcel arrived a bit mis-shapen and broken glass could be heard. I contacted the seller, suggesting that "most" of them would be broken and I wasn't opening the parcel to find out, leaving the place knee-deep in shards of glass. He told me that, usually, only one is broken. I took him at his word and, sure enough, the rest were perfect. They were extremely good value, even with one missing, so I didn't complain about the broken one. In use, they were as good as more expensive bulbs but, in all honesty, I think I'll stick to buying them in store. If, for example, you are housebound or live miles from a bulb shop, then this could be of help to you but, otherwise, maybe not such a great idea. The seller's response led me to believe that the pack seldom arrives completely intact. Give the postman a break, buy them in town. The postman, himself, is probably due two of these stars.☺
on 19 May 2016
At last, a good proper lightbulb with decent bright light. I was given an 'energy' bulb which was rubbish. It made a buzzing noise all the time, which gave me a headache. It was a horrible, dull, dingy yellow, and totally useless in my internal kitchen which has no natural light. With these Maxim bulbs, I can now actually see what I'm doing. The light is bright and clear, I get instant light as soon as I switch it on, no headaches and now I know Amazon sell them, I need look no further. And nuts to the EU who banned them originally.
on 1 January 2015
Cheap but FAULTY! - 5 have all blown the fuse. Some last weeks before going black & 'ping'', others go instantly.

I didn't want to believe it was the bulbs as I'd bought 10; I blamed the olde fuse tho' it's never had a problem before. So I kept using the bulbs but after 5 I admit, you get what you pay for!
Back to the dim (& according to German research, possibly cancer-causing toxic gas emitting) 'eco-bulbs'... :(
on 22 April 2017
These were purchased quite a while ago to top up our stock at home. We have now tried to start using them but all they do is blow to bits as soon as they start to get hot. Having had 3 blow to bits now we have decided to just throw the others away for safety reasons.
on 19 February 2016
Ok for the price. They don't seem as bright as other bulbs of the same wattage. I was a bit disappointed when I first opened the outer packing on arrival and all of the light bulb boxes seemed a bit damp. They work fine though.
on 27 July 2017
Came quickly and seem to be performing better than the previous set of conventional bulbs of a different brand we ordered. You get bright light instantly compared to low energy bulbs which don't always last that much longer.
on 26 April 2017
Fantastic value for money. Thankyou
on 19 May 2017
Do the job!
on 3 May 2015
Ten light bulbs for under a fiver and free p&p is great value in my mind. They arrived well packaged. I have only tried two bulbs, and they work fine.