on 12 November 2011
These are not the bulbs advertised. They are FAKE labelled 'Ever-Ready'. Every one I have tried so far has caused a short circuit and BLOWN THE HOUSE FUSES. I strongly recommend you do not buy anything from this supplier.
33 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 February 2010
After trying to be 'environmentally friendly' for the last few years, and having changed all our light bulbs to the low energy variety, I have become so irritated with the gloom for the first ten minutes until they get up to full strength, that I am now reverting back to good old fashioned light bulbs. This is particularly obvious in rooms such as bathrooms or kitchens, and areas that you might be in for just a few minutes - such as a hallway - where you want immediate light. I was delighted to find these 100 watt bayonet bulbs. They are excellent value, and twenty in a pack means that you can have a lot in stock.
Until manufacturers of low energy bulbs come up products that give consistent light and don't look ugly, or stick out of light fittings, I shall continue to use these traditional bulbs. I recommend that you stock up now, while they're still available.
on 4 January 2012
these Osram bulbs are not as advertised and although they give off a good light they6 do not last five minutes do NOT buy
on 5 October 2009
I don't want to sound like a Daily Mail reader... but... I don't understand why 100W (and soon to be 60W) bulbs are being made illegal contraband! These bulbs are for those people who need to light up a dark room (especially one without windows) instantly. Energy saving bulbs are not designed for cupboards/basements or rooms you nip in and out of. I think we should be concentrating our environmental policies on the bigger issues, such as air travel. Rant over. These bulbs were amongst the cheapest, arrived quickly and in one piece, and, seem to be doing the job.
55 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 March 2012
Order took 2 weeks to arrive. Sent 2 emails to supplier querying whereabouts of order, but received a very basic one line response stating that the goods were in transit and I was in the hands of "Royal Mail"!! When the bulbs arrived, I was disappointed to note that they were not the Osram ones that I believed I had ordered, but a totally unheard of brand. The first 2 bulbs didn't work when inserted, but the 3rd one did, so based on that performance, am possibly looking at around 3 or 4 of the bulbs out of the 10 ordered to actually work. This makes them extremely expensive! Didn't receive a response from the supplier to my email asking why the Osram bulbs advertised hadn't been supplied as this is what I ordered. Based on the lack of response to previous emails, didn't wish to waste my time requesting replacements for none working bulbs; decided that a negative review detailing my experience would be better use of my time as they appear to have zero customer service skills.

Wouldn't order off this company again.
on 31 December 2011
Arrived promptly!
5 out of 10 blew when connected - not all in same socket. Original bulbs resumed normal function when reconnected so it wasn't the sockets.
Very disappointed! Perhaps not stored well?
on 30 December 2012
The bulbs arrived on time, and they are very bright - much better than the modern "saver" bulbs.

However, we've now used four of the 10 bulbs: One was dead on arrival, and two lasted only two days each before they burned out.

Based on the performance so far, I would not buy these again.
on 3 March 2013
Was really pleased to have found these, and most reviews were fine, however first bulb pinged and tripped the whole apartment, same with second, tried in a different place, same with third. Ridiculous may as well just burn your money.
on 31 January 2010
These took 13 days to arrive from the date of ordering, which was 9 days after the date they said they'd been despatched. Where the parcel had been for that length of time is anyone's guess. Nevertheless, they were very well packaged and none were broken and the pack of 10 I've tested work fine. One small point (which doesn't really bother me but is worth mentioning) is that they are made by General Electric not Maxim and they are the smaller size of bulb (length 83mm rather than the more usual 100mm). In summary, I am very satisfied .... just one star off for slow delivery!
on 3 November 2012
When I got these bulbs I thought finally i can change out the lights in the hallway.
Then i noticed that there was a strange sound coming from the package.
6 our of the 10 bulbs were broken, and 2 were so crushed that glass had leaked out of the box and covered the others with shards.
It did have warning labels of fagile but then proceded to cover up the warnings with my contact details.
Just sloppy work.