on 3 January 2011
This does what it says on the box, it makes really good candy floss with one spoon of caster sugar, is sooo easy to clean as the sugar just melts away, it is quick to produce the floss but takes a few minutes to build up enough on the stick so as to keep the children happy, but then it is so nice they always want to have at least two. There is a sugar residue left on the bowl that builds up after making a few and I found it best to remove this by breaking it off when you are refilling with sugar before carrying on. (if anybody finds a good way to reuse this sugar as it seems a waste to throw it away, please reply) All in all my daughter is very happy with it and I'm sure it will be brought out every weekend, when her friends are visiting or whenever we have a party, value for money, would definitely recommend!!
55 Comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 May 2017
My daughters love this machine. Has been used many times for birthdays and get together events. Easy to learn and very tasty
on 6 December 2012
I have never had a positive experience with a 'cooking' toy until now - normally they don't work and get consigned to either the kitchen junkyard (top of the units) or the bin. This one however is AMAZING - it actually works and is easy to clean. Child had candy-floss for breakfast on morning of his birthday! Not great nutrion wise, but loads of cool Mum points!
on 14 January 2011
My family and I are extremely happy with this machine. It is fantastic, making brilliant candy floss. The machine is extremely easy to use and clean. This machine is very inexpensive, very quiet, a lot of fun the kids love it.
22 Comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 January 2013
I purchased the cotton candy maker and was disappointed that the item ecieved was not the item as advertised. The item recieved did not have the "bowl" top on and as such when the candy floss maker is in use the sugar gets flung outside of the bowl. The product works OK but does take time to make a small quantity of candy floss..........and is a pain to clean up afterwards.

Still it keeps my daughter happy and thats good enough for me!
on 30 May 2013
Arrived well packaged in the box.
Components Slotted together very easily and securely.
Our first batch of floss making was completely rubbish (but that only wasted about 2 tea spoons of sugar)!! as we needed to learn the technique of holding the sticks and catching the floss. Our second and subsequent batches were fast and furious and so much fun ;) we have wanted one if these machines for ages and are so delighted with it ...
on 2 July 2011
This machine was amazing the first time we tried it it turned out a bit weird with only a small amount on the cone ( A couple of cones come with the machine) but once we had read that you have to hold it horizontally above the caramaliser we had gotten the hang of it!
on 26 November 2011
Having read some of the reviews of this product I was a little apprehensive. Still my wife has a huge passion for candy floss so as it's her 60th birthday I just went ahead & bought it for her.

Firstly do NOT listen to the folks that say its SLOW!!! done properly its great and at one stage we had trouble collecting the floss as fast as it was making it.

Really a great product....my tip would be use vanilla sugar (buy the pink stuff) as plain candy floss lacks the yum factor of the pink.

Great fun ....really....& far too good for the kids !
on 2 January 2012
Surprisingly easy to use and quick to make candyfloss! Younger children need to be watched when using it as the central element gets (necessarily) hot. It's fun and easy to clean with warm water. We have used specialised sugar (raspberry, strawbetty) to good effect - takes one spoonful to make enough for one stick of floss. Not tried ordinary sugar yet, but believe you can.
on 27 October 2012
Great product does exactly as it describes. One negative would be that it doesn't make a whole lot in one go but lots of fun and tasty either way.

See one answered question