on 18 April 2012
I bought this to upgrade the on-board Wi-Fi on my old Fujitsu Lifebook from G to N. I had never bought any TP-Link products before this and was quite surprised at the quality feel of the casing. It looks good and feels well-made and sturdy. It installed on my XP Pro Lifebook, but I had to ignore the enclosed instructions and install the TP-Link client to get it working. (It tells you not to install the TP-Link client for XP in the instructions!) Since then it has worked perfectly. I have also tried it on my Windows 7 64 bit machine and it installed and ran without any problem on that machine. I was so impressed with the quality that, when my Netgear router died, I bought a TP-Link router too! See my other review for more details. Very impressive little dongle!! For the money you can't really go wrong with this, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.
on 20 January 2016
Amazon says I bought this in Feb 2013, it's now almost Feb 2016 and only now is it starting to fail me, my internet will be fine but my PC this is used on will have internet drop, all it takes is I pull it out and put it back in and it fixes the problem, after 3 years of perfect use I absolutely can't complain for the price I paid, I'm looking to replace it now but I'm still totally happy with the product I used for 3 years.
on 11 March 2012
I had BT Infinity installed a couple of weeks back but my laptop is getting on a bit now and whilst it has built in wireless it only support "g". So it all worked OK but I did a test with & without connection by an ethernet cable (laptop to router) and it made about 5 or 6 Mbps difference.

So given that I can't afford to buy a new laptop for a little while yet, I looked for easy ways to upgrade the wireless element of my laptop to make use of the "n" capability of the router.

This was a cheap and easy solution - installation was easy, (just follow the instructions - I know that is against all male principles, but it will help!), the drivers are easy to load, works a treat.

Others have said that these have a tendency to drop the signal occassionally, but there are all sorts of reasons why that can happen and it is always easy to point the finger at the last thing that you bought / installed, could just as easily be any other of the dozens of things that can effect any wireless network.

Have used for a couple of weeks now - 100% stable and releable.

For a tenner - you cannot really go wrong.
on 16 January 2016
Purchased two of these. The one fitted to the Win 7 PC installed smoothly and has been working for a few weeks now with no issues at all, certainly has plenty of transfer speed. However, the second was for a Win 10 PC, this, as much as I tried, would simply not install or be recognised, Amazon refunded this one with no quibbles.

Just be aware if your thinking on upgrading to WIn 10, this 'may' give you issues later down the road...
on 12 April 2016
I made settings and it shows 300mbps connection in the internet status dialogue box but speed test.net reveals that the speed is around 20-24mbps. Our connection gives us 64mbps on speedteet.net using our cable and I thought I could replace the long wire I was using but no.

Until I can understand why the speed is so low I will keep the low rating. Otherwise it is w nice device, easy to install.
on 18 July 2013
I have nothing but admiration for TP-link, this product is a breeze to install. Only disconcerting issue is that a new user seeing the Windows cannot verify the publisher of this driver software may be worried. But its not, have used several different versions, but this one seems to have more power, ( my computer is in a seperate room to the router seperated by a supporting wall)
using the 721N ( 150Mbps model )showed on windows a good signal strength, the 821 showed an excellent signal strength.
I dont use the wi fi to move files from one computer to another so cannot comment on speeds but for internet browsing this is superb.
on 8 November 2012
I bought this TP Link wireless adapter, thinking I could increase the reception on a laptop computer that I have, as until now the wifi link on the laptop was poor, when I am only 30ft from my wireless Netgear router. As the signal goes through several walls and a wooden floor. I don't think this makes any increase in reception. In fact it does not do what I hoped it would do at all. I am open to suggestions to what I should do to improve the signal. I may be on a poor, up and download speed, as my wired internet computer on XP is fairly slow. I should have looked more into the workings of this TP Link before I bought it.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 December 2016
Without this magical little adapter, I simply won't have been able to connect to the internet via WiFi on my PC.
It hardly ever plays up, provides a strong connection and is super easy to set up.

If this review was in any way helpful, I would truly appreciate a vote:)
review image
on 6 October 2017
Abysmal product. I've got the hardware as required, i've installed the driver and even the tool to use with it but it simply will not connect by any means. I've attempted via WPS and even via password. All attempts failed. This is the case even within one meter of my router, indicating just how bad the item actually is. Avoid at all costs.
on 5 January 2018
Wow! Who knew it was SOOOO easy to make an ancient PC connect to a wireless network!!!?? I have managed for years with an old wifi transfer box... it was on its last legs, so I gave this a go. So glad that I did- it is as easy as it says in the instructions- plug it in, install the driver from the CD included, click on the wireless signal and connect!