This is a nicely designed, extremely light and flexible camera support that's great for small, hand-held cameras and gadgets. If you intend to put anything heavy on it, you should go for the Joby Gorillapod - SLR Zoom. For the price and weight, it's great, and I really can't fault it. But you certainly wouldn't want this or any of its cousins to be your _only_ camera tripod, because that's not what it's designed for.

The Gorillapod Go Go comes with four attachments -- one suction cup which works absolutely fine with my iPhone, one standard tripod adapter, which is fine for any _small_ camera, and a couple of self adhesive types which you'd want to be pretty sure of before you attached them to any gadget you really liked.

I found that you could fairly easily use it for movie making on the iPhone 3GS, because, suctioning it to the back, you can watch yourself in the mirrored Apple logo to get the correct angle and position. It's a bit fussy if you just want to take a picture, because the iPhone camera isn't particularly high resolution, and you would be better off shooting with a proper camera if you cared about the shot. But the Gorillapod is so light that you can stick it in a bag and forget about it until you want it.

That's all, really. This is a great gadget, and someone obviously thought a lot about what sort of thing would beat the majority of competing table-top tripods, and how to make it. It's also a fun little thing, and you can play with it while you're not using it.

If this is what you need, get one.
on 17 January 2010
I was after a stand for my iPhone so that when watching videos on it was going to be stable. This particular tripod fitted the bill as it was adjustable and from experience with other Gorillapods knew it was well made. The tripod is quite small and stands around 15cm with legs straight but can go really low with the legs outstretched. It is also quite light so there is little excuse for not carrying it with you.

What I found pretty good was that you get a choice of methods to attach things to the tripod. There is the normal screw fitting that will fit a camera, two adhesive pads for sticking to the back of a phone for example, plus a small suction pad that can be used on the back of a phone or anything else with a smooth flat surface.

When used with a compact camera it has all the usual Gorillapod advantages but in a smaller scale. The only real limitation is the length of the legs compared to it's bigger brothers. The adhesive pad works well - I attached to an iPhone case and it certainly doesn't look as though it is going to come off without a fight. The suction pad is just OK, I wouldn't trust it to hold onto anything too expensive.

At the price it is currently on Amazon I would say it is well worth a look because it is quite versatile.
on 4 January 2010
I have bought this for me and some friends as gifts for Xmas as we all have iPhones. I tested it out first as I wasnt sure it would hold an iPhone properly. The suction cup comes with a latch on the back which when lifted and pushed it holds onto the iPhone with a steel grip. Its lasts for hours without needing to be suctioned again. Now that there is TV on the iPhone I can watch on the tripod all channels whilst not having to hold it or try and prop it up somehow which is great for in bed! I also like folding the legs around me knee in the car so i can utilise the phone better. I also used my iTouch at a party and used the Go-Go to hold it up and access tracks easier. Everyone wanted one!! Its much cheaper than the official iPhone version and I'm not sure why as this does the job perfectly. Also great for small cameras!

Love it!!
on 5 December 2014
on 25 October 2009
Great product!! It is compact and portable and i can bring it around in my pocket! Handy when going out for a day trip without all those heavy photographic equipments. The built quality is extremely good as the "joints" are firm and requires force to mend it, which is good considering it would not slip or become loose when hanging on a railing or branch. Highly recommended!!
on 2 January 2010
Bought for my 21 yr old son who has a mobile phone and digital camera. Huge success, within 30 secs of opening it he was taking shots with it wound around trees in the garden and taking family shots of Christmas day. He is so hard to please so this was a real hit!
on 13 March 2010
Nice idea, I must say. It is rather small, but works fine as a little tripod. But when you wrap it around polls or trees, it is amazing.
The pictures you can take are only limited by your creativity! This kit also came with double-sided tape attachments, so I use that for my iPhone.

Overall, a must have!
on 20 July 2008
not a bad product, but could be improved.
suction pad is only for a tripod-screw-less mobile phone for example and isn't exactly strong.
would have been nice to have a suction pad for a window instead.
grippy feet are good for wrapping around things but no good on your car's dash - unless it's made of wood or leather! slides all over the place on mine, so useless for a gps as illustrated in the advert.
carry some blu-tac with you perhaps! :)
on 5 December 2009
This is a fantastic piece of kit. It fits my canon Ixus well, and I can fix it to almost anything including railings!

The big bonus to this is I can fold it up and walk home with a Gorilla in my pocket.
on 31 January 2010
This little plastic hand with three fingers really serves its purpose. Where ever you put it, it fits...It's a bit expensive though....but it is a good buy.