on 23 February 2009
When the portfolio arrived I was initially very pleased. The finish is excellent and the features include a shoulder strap and a useful CD/DVD pocket on the inside. However, on closer examination I realised that the inner portfolio covers were made from a material very similar to cardboard boxes which means it is very easy to fold or damage. This may in turn provide limited protection for your work. If this could be manufactured with harder plastic covers, this procduct would be worth five stars!
11 Comment| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 May 2014
I study makeup artistry which requires the use of A LOT of ringbinger portfolios. I usually buy a different brand but due to a vast increase in their prices I opted to go for this A3 portfolio instead.

Unfortunately I had to wait a long time for the portfolio to arrive and when it did I was unimpressed with its flimsy quality and was unsure if it could withstand the amount of work I would require it to hold. The other portfolios could handle up to 50 A3 sleeves with ease but I've found with this portfolio is that the rings themselves are very small and I struggled to insert approximately 30 sheets and I still had more work to add. My work also kept falling out when I simply just flipped a few pages over...

I would not recommend this portfolio at all if you are looking to submit a lot of work inside it. It feels as if its made from the same material as a cardboard box inside which does not feel very rigid. I will stick with buying tiger A3 portfolios as they provide a very good quality, despite their price increase!
on 12 August 2014
The material tore a bit too easily when I fell of my skateboard. But then again, i fell. haha. The plastic wallets are a bit fragile and the hooped teeth leave a slight gap so the wallets sometimes came out of the hoops unprovoked. Not enough wallets too, only 3, but they could fit a lot of a3 sheets in them. the straps are good and they can hold a lot of weight. decent value for money, good for its price range.
on 1 March 2010
Picked this up to use for university interviews because it's cheap, (the good ones are £55 in staples!). Really wish I'd spent the extra money though. The portfolio does exactly what it says, looks like a nice ring binder portfolio with pockets and a shoulder strap, seems ok for the first day or so but after putting stuff into for the first time and carrying it around the handle broke almost straight away, the screw holding it on had completely sheared off the cheap plastic holding it in, had to replace the screws and fix the handle using various odds and ends to get it so I could use it for interviews. Then after using 2 more times all the metal rivets holding the rings in (4 cheap, tiny little rivets) decided to break making the whole thing unuseable. I've had to replace all of them with bolts and washers to get it strong enough and there's hardly anything in the portfolio to weight it down. Better still, I've got another interview this week and the shoulder strap rivets are loose too so it won't be long before that breaks. To top it all off, when you open the thing to show at interviews most of the sleeves have come loose because the ring 'binders' don't actually bind anything properly and come loose when you close the portfolio up (i.e, your stuff falls all over the floor while you try and explain to the interviewer that you bought a cheap rubbish folder from amazon.)

Even if you only want a half-decent portfolio I'd steer well clear of this rubbish, huge waste of money, time and effort.
11 Comment| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 7 July 2013
I was after a large portfolio case as I've recently started a series of A2 size drawings. The Royal & Langnickel case is very well built and comes with three free plastic sleeves. The contruction is very good overall and the metal binders seem solid enough. There's a good sized handle as well and a strap. It also has pockets for smaller pieces of paper too. Recommended to those who want quality but not at a huge price.
on 10 September 2017
The product is really good and working well as described. Price was great and so was the product. I placed another order this morning, I hope it could be as well as the former one. You won't be disappointed It does a fantastic job for being so well and so inexpensive Seems pretty good so far
on 6 February 2013
very good product eventhougth the textile is not the best as well as the covering of the inside part. apart from that it works as a portfolio!
on 6 December 2013
VERY SATISFIED WITH BINDER - KEEPS MY MOUNTED PHOTOGRAPHS SAFE & SECURE. LIGHT TO CARRY - IDEAL & FIT FOR PURPOSE
on 16 May 2015
I bought this for an important interview, but I didn't even make the journey before the ring binders didn't close properly. It looks nice and presentable, but the sleeves fall out. Very unhappy because I am a student and with no money and I still have no portfolio to present my work ..
on 26 August 2013
The bulky handle means that the spine inside arches upwards, and the plastic sleeves bunch up. The sleeves provided were crinkled and useless for display, since they'd been creased by being pressed against the totally unnecessary, small sewn-in pocket on the inside back cover. The sleeves I ordered especially for this folder came promptly, but were badly packaged: just a bubble wrap envelope, so they, too, were slightly creased - and dusty! They are for presentation of artwork, so obviously one wants the sleeves to be as clean and flat as possible. The case is OK, but since I had to unpick the stupid pocket, and can't use the plastic sleeves provided with the case, I'm not giving it more than three stars.