on 21 September 2012
I bought this duvet set thinking that the fluff couldnt be as bad as some of the reviews said, but it is. Although the duvets are soft, warm and very cosy, the amount of white fluff that come out everytime I have to change the cover is unbelievable, and it just keeps on coming. When I first changed it in my bedroom the carpet was absolutely covered in white fluff. The biggest problem is that the fluff is so small and soft that will not come off my carpet using the dyson, so I had to get on my hands and knees and use parcel wrapping tape to get it off - which took a long time!! I now have to change the duvet in my hall, which has hard floors, so that I can brush all the fluff up afterwards. I only ever use 100% cotton duvet covers in my house, therefore the design fault cannot be blamed on using the wrong type of duvet cover, in fact I actually bought the duvet cover I use from the company that sold me the duvet, just to be on the safe side after the reviews. I didnt bother trying to send the duvet back after the review said the company blamed it on not using 100% cotton sheets.

Although it is really soft and a really good duvet, I wouldnt buy this brand again - its not worth all the time I have to spend cleaning up the white fluff everytime I wash the duvet cover!
on 13 January 2012
I bought an "all seasons" duvet in November last year and it has been really good. A very-well made duvet soft, fluffy down-like filling that certainly keeps me very warm even in the coldest nights. In fact, I have often found it over-warm during the inconsistent changes of weather, it's definitely snugly, lovely and warm.
The product is 5 starts; unfortunately I have to agree with those ones about the fluff problems, when it first arrived it was covered in white fluff!! I brushed it and vacuumed it to remove the fluff, however every time I change the duvet cover, it comes with lot of the white fluffy balls - I had to spend an hour removing it.
So if you are ready for fluff removal, get the duvet you won't regret a thing.
on 5 April 2011
What I do not like is all the "bobbles" of microfibre that sticks to the inside of the duvet cover, which in effect means everytime I change the bed I get microfibre all around the bedroom, it clings to everything and the only way to solve this is to take it outside and drape over the washing line, give very vigorous shakes and then apply a lint roller brush to remove it all. I was told it was maybe something to do with my duvet cover by the manufacturer, but as I use 100% cotton dont see why. This fibre gets all up ours noses etc.
ADDED TO THIS REVIEW TO TELL EVERYONE MY ASTHMA SUFFERER HUSBAND IS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH HIS BREATHING NOW SO HAVE HAD TO STOP USING THIS PRODUCT. ITS ALL THE FLUFF THAT IS AFFECTING HIM. I AM NOW GOING TO TAKE THIS UP WITH TRADING STANDARDS AS THE MANUFACTURER WILL DO NOTHING ABOUT A REFUND.
44 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 August 2010
This duvet is amazing, its such good quality, feels just like down if not better! The price was brilliant, a great buy! We're using the 4.5 at the moment and its perfect for this warm weather! Looking forward to the colder months when we can use both thicknesses together. They have poppers to connect them which is so easy and they wont come loose easily. Homescapes where great to buy from, I did email to say when I had hoped to receive it by and it arrived bang on, I was very pleased. I will definitely be buying from them again.
on 29 December 2010
I don't normally write reviews of products, but this duvet is so luxurious that I wanted to share my opinion. It is light as a feather, and yet beautifully warm and cozy, and the clever bit is that you can have it as a lighter tog if it is hot, a slightly thicker tog if not too cold, and of course both together for the mid-winter; there is no need to have a separate duvet which you have to find somewhere to store. I absolutely love snuggling up in my bed now. We had a 15 tog duvet before, a cheaper one, and although it is true that I do always feel the cold very much, I was never warm enough with that one, and it felt very heavy too; but now I am in paradise!
on 2 June 2011
At first I was pleased with the duvet - was warm and well made. Unfortunately problems started when I first changed my duvet cover - the inside was covered in white fluff !! The same thing happened every time I changed the cover - I had to spend half an hour brushing it all off with a lint brush to stop my washer getting clogged. I contacted Homescapes and was told the problem was on my part - I was using the wrong duvet cover apparently - poly/cotton which caused fluff to rub off from the covering on the duvet (they said the problem would not happen with 100% cotton covers). As most of the duvet covers sold on the high street are poly/cotton I think they should change the manufacture of their cover, rather than their customers having to invest in covers that are compatible with theirs !! Furthermore - and more worryingly - I noticed that my asthma was exacerbated by the white fluff. As these duvets are sold as being "anti-allergenic" and suitable for asthma sufferers, this is potentially a breach of the Trade Descriptions Act. PLEASE BE AWARE IF YOU ARE AN ASTHMA SUFFERER AND AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
on 18 September 2009
I bought one of these last year and it has been so good, I've just purchased another. A very-well made duvet with a luxuriously soft, fluffy down-like filling that will certainly keep the coldest chill out. In fact, I have often found it over-warm during the inconsistent changes of weather and I only used the two parts together for a very short period over the coldest spell.
on 7 January 2012
We recently bought a super king sized bed and so had to get a new duvet, but didn't anticipate how pricey they'd be! Previously we had a double duck down duvet, and the equivalent in super king sized was at least £200! Then I found this one! After reading the previous reviews I decided to give it a go.

I can honestly say this is the warmest and puffiest duvet I have ever sleep with (better than ones in 5 star hotels I've stayed in!). It is really warm with both the 9.5 +4.5 tog duvets, but perfect at the moment especially if you have a cold house! I love that in the summer I won't have to buy another duvet, and can just put one of the two away in the zip bag they came in. Also if you suffer with allergies this duvet may be the answer, as my partner suffers really badly, and hasn't had any problems with this!

I was concerned about the white fluff previous reviewers have mentioned, but I haven't found this to be a problem. After the 1st couple of nights there did seem to be a few white bits, but it hasn't happened again.

Delivery was really speedy, but I was sent a king sized duvet instead of super king. This was a little frustrating. However, when I contacted Homescapes they were very helpful. I arranged a day that was convenient for me for it to be collected, and the day after collection I had a replacement in the right size. The only issue I had with this was the courier they use can not give any indication of the time they will collect, so I had to stay in all day.

Other than the delivery issue, which I am sure is not the norm I can't recommend this duvet enough! It's amazing! However, I warn you that you won't want to get out of bed in the morning! We also bought their microfibre bounce pillows, which we also love!
on 30 December 2013
I've bought a few things from Homescapes, such as cushion fillings, and have been very pleased at the quality and value. For a new bed I required a duvet, and was about to spend a fortune on a John Lewis one, when I saw this one. It is very well made, and does feel very soft and downy, in comparison to my existing hollow-fibre duvets, which are nothing like down duvets.

The duvet is very warm, it feels as if the 14 tog rating could be an underestimate. The duvet is good for allergies, being made of polyester. However, the trouble with that is that it isn't breathable. I often wake up with both the bed and myself drenched in sweat, which isn't nice. I wonder if it would be better if the cover of the duvet was made from cotton or another breathable fabric. If it wasn't for that it would have been a 5* product.
on 29 October 2010
I have always had a feather duvet, which I loved , but my allergy to the feathers became chronic so, after researching every duvet online !, I decided to try this one. It is fabulous! It is light yet thick, settles around you as does feather/down so no nasty drafty bits or cold spots. It is beautifully warm and so versatile with the 3 different togs. I love it so much I bought the same for my touring caravan - it can get REALLY cold in there in the winter - but this is just so snuggly and warm.
The casing material and finish is very good quality too - feels quite luxurious. I just love it!!!