on 25 October 2013
I discovered it was more cost effective to buy my herbal teas loose & having tried a cheaper tea "ball" that just shed loose leaves in my tea making it undrinkable, I went for this infinitely more sensible solution. There is no escape of leaves whatsoever. The lid is great, because a lot of herbal teas contain their goodness in the oils that evaporate with the steam, so the lid keeps the goodness in the cup where you want it! It's a nice & sturdy bit of kit. And even has a little hole to pop your teaspoon in! Then when you remove the strainer I use the lid as a little coaster to put it on to catch any drips/dribbles of liquid. A very well thought out item & I wish I'd spent the couple of quid extra in the first place.
on 14 September 2017
Having bought quite a lot of infusers, this has been the best by far. The mesh is very fine and stops any scum on tea. I've given 4, rather than 5 stars because the white mesh discolours quickly - not a problem as such, but doesn't look great.
on 9 September 2014
Had this for about 6 months now, and have been really impressed. Sits nicely inside a slightly shorter than standard size mug, obviously also in taller ones. The mesh is fine enough that only very, very fine dust makes it into the tea, and only a little bit of it then. I have found that the mesh, being some form of nylon, has warped a bit with the heat, but the plastic supports are still as strong as the day it arrived, so no problems there. I don't really use the little plastic cap as a lid, but it is useful as a drip tray.
on 6 August 2013
Really good product, just one minor improvement required which is bottom should be made of same mesh as above rather than plastic, water sprays everywhere when washing due to this. However this does not affect the tea making the holes in the plastic bottom are fine and strain the loose tea very well.
on 22 April 2015
This is perfect for making one cup loose tea/tea leaf tea. It has fitted all my cup and I have various sizes. Easy to use, clean and store. Highly recommend
on 12 July 2016
Used everyday for several years. I love it.
on 9 February 2014
It's a tea strainer. Difficult to know what else I can say about it. It strains tea. Make sure you wash it in a dishwasher or the holes will block up after a few years and you will have to buy a replacement and find something interesting to say about it.
on 20 January 2013
Yo-Yo Tea Strainer. I bought this for a friend who was very pleased with it. I would definitely recommend to others
on 3 August 2013
Had one of these before, so this is a replacement. Hope it lasts as long as the first one did.
on 15 March 2016
This fell apart within a year which made it totally unusable. Disappointing
review image