Flavour Name: Intenso|Size: 48 Capsules|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 January 2012
This is a strong black coffee. In fact it is currently one of the strongest coffees which Dolce Gusto produces - the other is Caffè Grande Intenso.

I will admit that this is far too strong for my personal tastes, but there are members of my family that have their coffee that strong the teaspoon will stand upright in the cup without any other support.

It is a one pod drink which makes approximately 40mls of (what I am told) is a smooth and, as the name implies, intense flavoured black coffee.

My family members who like this drink have told me that this is not something which you would drink every time you reach for a coffee, but it is one of those that you would have as a special occasion drink, such as after a dinner party or special meal.

Because this drink does not have a pre-sweetened milk pod and contains 0.1g of sugars this drink could be suitable for diabetics.

Remember to register your pod points for the special offers on further drinks pods. Dolce Gusto also supplies cups, saucers, spoons and other accessories.
on 11 March 2013
A double espresso & I'm set for the day! This coffee is lovely; it is strong yet smooth with no bitter edge which you can sometimes get with espresso. So quick too and would not hesitate to recommend to other Dolce Gusto owners.
on 16 March 2016
This is a review of Ristretto, Amazon just lumps all the espresso together, they're vey different. One thing people have said repeatedly about Ristretto is that its not bitter, I tried this with a bit of sugar and it was too sweet for me, so I tried it without and I kind of preferred it. The flavour is full and perfect strength for me, the bitterness just wafts away ever so quickly, just a very tiny hint of bitterness without using any sugar and it just melts away, lovely! And yeah after two of these tonight, I'm ready to burn the midnight oil!

The espresso version of this one (Pink Pod) is weak!!! And I'm not a strong coffee person.
on 6 June 2015
This stuff will make hairs sprout on your chest and your voice go two octaves lower with regular consumption. Honestly.

I only really have this in the house because my good friend is this espresso drinking, chain smoking woman from central Europe and if she ever runs out of her smokes, I need to be able to placate her with the coffee. It's a survival skill, you see.
on 19 March 2016
Wonderful to be able to buy these capsules in bulk and also there is a wonderful variety on offer on amazon subscribe and save.

I must say compared to local supermarkets i am able to buy decaf and a number of other types and strengths of coffee and all in bulk delivered to my door.

The sleeves of 3 boxes last me about half a year which is wonderful and loved by all visitors and family members
on 11 September 2012
In my opinion this is by far the best expresso in the Dolce Gusto range. It provides a strong flavour without being bitter. It would say its as good as those you can get in coffee shops and is the perfect drink to wake up to.

You get a total of 48 capsules making it extremely good value.
on 26 November 2015
Stupidly expensive refills for machine that was given to me as a gift. I only buy them because when my daughter comes round I make her a coffee using the 'lovely present' she gave me. The rest of the time I use instant coffee. I buy the refills from Amazon because they are marginally cheaper than in the supermarkets, which NEVER have offers on this brand, unlike other brands.
on 8 December 2015
I may not have ordered the correct version, as there are so many, but it is a rather poor imitation of an espresso. It might be that I am used to freshly ground beans in a proper machine, but these capsules seem to lack strength and body.
on 9 March 2013
This is my favourite of the Dolce Gusto pods, but it is not easily available in the shops.

It is a stronger, richer flavour than the Americano, and good price wise.
VINE VOICEon 28 April 2013
I have been using the range of coffee from the Dolce Gusto range for some time now and I consider this to be one of the best. Give it a try and you will not be disappointed.