HALL OF FAMETOP 10 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 5 March 2014
Before the final and largely unseemly demise of this masterful television series - Seasons 3 and 4 rocked. And it can't have escaped fans notice that in 2014 - the "Lost" Box Sets are now 'so' cheap on BLU RAY as to be an irresistible bargain.

But lovers of the show should note that the 'American Editions' of Season 3 and 4 on 20th Century Fox (which aren't very well highlighted as such) are REGION A LOCKED - so no matter how cheap or enticing they look - they won't play on our machines unless they're chipped for 'all regions' (which most aren't).

Check before you buy - stick with the 'UK' variants and you won't be doing a John Locke - tearing your hair out...
3 people found this helpful
on 6 March 2018
This is a fantastic show, very intelligent, utterly thought provoking with a wonderful array of subjects involved, including the paranormal, ancient civilisations and science fiction whilst maintaining cleaver connections to literary and philosophical writings. The manner in which the story is told in a non linear flash back and flash forward structure is also highly effective. I thoroughly recommend Lost!
on 31 December 2017
Need to see much more of ben, he's now my fav character, hence my screensaver been a picture of ben so I now see him nearly everyday. I know he's evil, but if I were Juliet, I would have wanted to stay on the island with him and no one would have been allowed to attack him. When I first met him as henry, I was so convinced that he was innocent, and the fact I was sucked into believing him, I really did not like him, when I was wrong about him, but now, that's all changed. He's my man
VINE VOICEon 20 January 2010
Lost is the kind of series you need to keep up with - if you miss a few episodes you'll never pick up the threads adequately. It also seems to be the kind of series you either love or hate.

So having watched the first three series the suspense was there, as was the desire to watch this the fourth series. And it doesn't disappoint - lots of unexpected twists in the tale, a few faces that seem to keep cropping up, more and more questions about just what the island is really all about and why certain people are so concerned to maintain control of it, and so on.

If you haven't seen the previous three series then watching this in isolation is probably only going to be confusing. But if you have seen the previous three then stay with the story, series four is a great progression of it.

Now I'm looking forward to series five!
One person found this helpful
on 21 May 2009
i had never been the kind of person to get into any series whatsoever, because i figured that if you where to miss an episode for any reason, youd be quite lost as to what was going on, but 3 months ago my fiancee purchased lost series one on dvd, i became so engrossed in it that as soon as the first series had finished i ran out to buy the second series, then the third series and finally the fourth series, becoming more and more addicted to its every changing mood, twist of plot and continually deepening story, there where times when i thought that the story was thinning out a little, but the fourth series of lost re-ignited my interest and kept me coming back for more, i soon found myself watching an entire disk per night and still wanting more, and when i had watched the entire fourth series i went back and watched every single behind the scenes special on the disk!! truly a mind bending, reality warping adventure that i dare you to not totally enjoy, you will soon become addicted and find yourself scouring the internet in search for the next series on dvd, and searching for any juicy interview and sign of leaked storline. i absolutely loved it and im positive you will too!!!
One person found this helpful
on 4 July 2015
This series is still back to form, and is as interesting and capturing as the first three..
It has less episodes... (About 14) where as previous series' had over 20 episodes each...
But once you start watching this, you can't stop, until you reach the end...As there is so much
stuff happening in it; you will want to find out what happens next, as it can be very confusing, intriguing
and quite emotional as well... Recommended.
on 29 November 2015
Lost was a brilliant series but a tad confusing, pardon the pun but it did often leave you a little "lost", but still a brilliant series, I haven't seen it since it aired on tv a few years ago so I decided to buy it on blu ray as it was under £5 and it's a great series to re watch, maybe now I'm watching all the episode straight after the precious rather than watching one per week it might make a bit more sense... Hopefully.
on 31 December 2014
Lost is a thoroughly addictive and brilliant US drama. I'm a huge fan of the previous seasons and Season 4 does not disappoint. The production and cinematography is fantastic, the acting is spot on and there are some impressive special effects. The plot is incredibly gripping and is full of twists and turns, and you will find yourself immersed and drawn into the story. A must-watch for fans of the series!
on 27 May 2016
If you are planning to watch this on PC/laptop, don't bother - it doesn't work. The 4 episode discs don't play, but the 2 bonus discs do. Never had this problem with DVDs before, so I presume it must be some unusual copy protection feature. However, they play fine on a normal DVD recorder and I'm looking forward to watching the rest of this excellent series.
on 6 May 2017
Was enjoyable, if it's what you like then you wont be dissapointed, as such i cant comment more than that. product quality was high, original product as expected.