on 11 April 2012
Others have said how fantastic this album is, and it really is a beautiful piece of work.

But I wanted to add a little about the remastering. The last cd edition had some areas of distortion, especially on the low frequencies (particularly in the song 'Floating') These are now all gone. In fact, the remastering job here is fantastic, there is now a brilliant balance.

The Moody Blues are still an under-appreciated band, particularly in their own country. I would highly recommend exploring their catalogue if you have not already done so. This is a pretty great place to start.

One warning - don't listen on shuffle. This is, like Abbey Road, an album to be taken as a whole, in sequence.
17 people found this helpful
on 18 April 2016
This is my favourite of the earliest seven Moody Blues' albums. I love the smooth melodies, the symphonic sound and the sometimes poignant lyrics. Justin Hayward is a great songwriter. I find the earliest albums, particularly this one and 'Threshold of a Dream' the most enjoyable.
on 21 May 2017
Oh, The Moody Blues. I have just replaced all of of my Moody albums after mislaying them. This one, like many others, takes pole position in my collection. I bought it on Vynil, Cassette, 8 Track and CD and now again on CD. Worth every penny of it.
on 28 December 2015
It's easy to forget how creative the Moodies were, with a succession of great albums. This is one of them, with effective remastering and bonus tracks. Very worthwhile, so buy now.
on 24 July 2013
Of the original seven albums between 1967 and 1972, this is probably the best. Inspired by the moon landing the previous year, there is not a weak track on the album. Now digitally remastered by Justin, the quality of sound is very good and includes great tracks such as Watching and waiting, Gypsy and Candle of life. I recently went to their concert in Brighton and noticed that Higher and higher had been added to their live repertoire too. It was a shame that Watching and waiting did not receive the success of Nights in white satin. This is possibly one of their greatest ever tracks.
on 13 March 2013
If I had to choose my favourite Moody Blues album, this would be it. Every track is an absolute diamond. The album encapsulates the essence of the Moodies' searching, seeking spiritual sound. No-one else sounds like them; their music touches the soul. Listening to "Children's Children" is a truly uplifting experience and always makes me feel better/happier. (Mind you, I never realised what the cover picture really was till I read a review on Amazon!!!).
One person found this helpful
on 27 September 2013
Iown a marvellous first pressing of the vinyl, so I have no complaints about that. I ordered the cds of these albums so as to digest them in the car etc (i'm new to the band) and I swear these things sound so good! The albums are masterpieces of recorded art in the first place and the remasters render the music superbly.
3 people found this helpful
on 15 April 2018
Item arrived on time and as advertised
on 22 April 2017
As a long time Moody's fan, this is a replacement for a copy that got borrowed and never returned. Great album..
on 16 October 2016
this was one of the many cassettes which I brought when I was in the Royal Air Force they took up less space than the reecords, It replaces a cassette