on 4 September 2010
I bought this item after losing 2 NHS hearing aids (Siemens) and being too embarrassed to go back and ask for another replacement. It does what it says, and I find it just as effective as the Siemens one. There are some drawbacks - the volume control is stiff, so I find I have to take it out of my ear to adjust it: it's more visible than the NHS one , and there is no facility to tune in to a hearing loop. On the other hand, the "noise filter" setting is more effective than the Siemens one - it cuts out the over-amplification of top notes when listening to music, and the noise of traffic when you're walking down the road. Good value for money, I'd say.
0Comment| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 April 2010
Purchased this item for my husband who has High frequency deafness. Was very surprised when he first used it and said how well he was able to hear the television. Now the walls no longer vibrate when we view....the TV is set at a sensible level.

Digital aid is easy to maintain and charging is done overnight ready for next day.

The price was very good , as we have seen the same item quite a bit dearer in advertisements in the press.

Overall very happy with the purchase
0Comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 4 November 2011
Now 70, the hearing in my left ear has been deteriorating over a couple of years so I decided to give this device a try:
It's very light, 7 grams, after a few minutes wearing I was not aware of it on my ear.
It does not compromise the fit of my spectacles in any way.
Finding the right setup for me took about an hour of adjustments. My initial volume setting prompted me to turn the TV volume so low that others couldn't hear it properly! Now I have the TV volume set so that it is comfortable for all of us. My family don't have to raise their voices anymore and are now alerted that I can hear them if they whisper to each other! My most comfortable settings on this device are about 30% volume and 'noise-free' set to 'on'. I wear it all day and forget it's on. It really is like having a new lease of life.
I recommend this device for any similar 'age-related' kind of hearing loss.
Note: When I first read the description of this device I thought it was powered by an AA battery and wondered how heavy it would be! In fact, it contains a cell that is recharged via a supplied mains-powered unit when the device is inserted into its docking station. It can also be recharged from an AA battery in the docking station, useful when traveling. The AA battery supplied is not a rechargeable type though I guess one externally charged would work just as well.
Cheers.
on 23 October 2010
Thank goodness for this hearing device..My husband aged 77 has just lost his hearing and while he waits to go down the nhs route I thought I would look to see if I could buy him something that would do in the meantime.He is housebound and watching t.v is one of the only pleasures he has left in life.Watching t.v. without hearing it diminishes the pleasure loads.
I ordered this after reading the great reviews.. and it's the best thing ever.After charging it for 5 hours I placed it in my husband's 'good' ear and he could hear me talk as plain as anything,and the t.v is at a normal level.It works a treat.
Try it...you will not be disappointed.
IT IS NOT BAD NOT GOOD NOT VERY GOOD FOR ME. I HAVE VERY DIFFICULTY HEARING ALL THOUGH YOU WILL HEAR IN FULL VOLUME LITTLE BIT THE HEARING AID WORKS I DON'T HEAR ANYTHING IT DOESNT WORK FOR ME. IF IT WORKS FOR YOU IT'S AN EXECELLENT RECHARGEABLE HEARING AID. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR CREATING THIS EMERGENCY HEARING AID THANK YOU.
on 18 January 2018
Not what I expected
on 6 March 2017
need to consult first ear doctor before buying.....
on 11 May 2017
Quality is very poor
on 4 August 2010
having spent a right few quid on other hearing aids and hearing enhancers which were absolute rubbish i came across this one and boy i am glad i did,having read positive reviews i bought one and gave it a try out i am impressed with the construction of it and the ease of use,it is very easy to set up and use it comes with a nf...noise free setting which in my book is an absolute must,recharging couldnt be simpler you have the choice of a battery which is supplied or use the mains.limeshop were the distrubitors and they done an excellent job ie perfect packaging and swift delivery.
on 21 October 2009
This item arrived well in time, it is all-inclusive item, no expensive batteries to buy and is a very sensibly priced and manufactured item I think.

Some months later after a problem and the supplier replaced it, I hit another technical snag - -- - -- unfortunately the supplier had access to no more so I have repurchased another from another supplier (having got a refund) this is how good I think it is. Its a really nice and good item.