on 19 October 2008
I bought this game for my 9 yr son, (a farmers son!). He loves playing this game, it is quite versatile in the way you can create the sort of farm you want. He bought all the tractors and implements as soon as he had earned enough money to do so. I am about to buy this game for my 8 yr old niece who will be buying all the animals she can. My son spends more time playing this game than any other he has.
on 19 November 2010
I played this while I was babysitting. The kids had gone to bed & I spotted this lying on the table. I thought it looked a bit rubbish but started playing anyway; I had nothing better to do & I was hoping it would be one of those games that's so bad it's actually funny. It's not, what it actually is is ridiculously addictive! Yeah, it can be repetitive but it's quite satisfying seeing that green profit number appearing above your farmers head with every swish of his scythe. I actually can't wait to babysit there again just so I can play this game.
on 29 March 2012
After getting caught up in the hype of Farmville on facebook, I decided to buy this to play on the DS, but I found it pretty repetitive, and there was so much to do but the time seemed to go by so quickly in the game, and if you do not go to bed when it is dark, it deducts time off from the next day. Which meant some days the crops died or the animals got sick.
I also wish you could have left the tractor out sometimes for ease, but to get off of it you had to park it, which also took time up.
I am going to give it to my nephew, he may well enjoy it far more than me. Maybe I am just too old. haha.
on 31 May 2011
Gives you a realistic experience of looking after a farm with animals and crops. Brilliant fun! A must-have game!
on 14 July 2008
This is the type of game you keep playing because you are sure things will get better having just spent over £20 on it. Having played it on 6 short train journeys (well there was nothing else to do) I have had enough.
There is a severe lack of depth and flexibility. You basically have to follow a set of rules but you are not really given the chance to break the rules either. For example you can plough a field that you have just planted with seeds and it will not affect it. It is not possible to release any animals from their barns and the same cow gets sick every time. You cannot get off your tractor unless you take it to the garage.

You cannot turn the music off. The instructions are quite difficult to follow.

Thinking that something must be good I decided to try the two player element where you can visit another player's farm - what a waste of time. You can walk around their farm, which looks a lot like your own - not surprising with the lack of content I guess.

I would not recommend this game to anybody. Harvest Moon was better, and I beleive there is a new version of that coming out soon. Don't waste your money on this game.
on 30 October 2014
Bought this for my farm mad son of 6. We were very excited when it arrived, but the game and completely redundant instructions made it frustrating and in the end my son didn't even want to try. I even got my very game savy brother to try and figure it out and he said he's never seen anything like it. Avoid would be my suggestion.
on 30 August 2008
This game is very addictive. Having played the Harvest Moon series in this game you get to have a tractor plus you get different awards for everything you achieve in the game.
on 23 August 2010
My 6 year old brother got this game to play on our summer holidays. I thought it would be be about a farm that you could go and explore, and earn money and buy fields and animals but it was actually quite difficult at first considering my brother and I thought you TAPPED the screen to perform actions when you actually had to SLIDE the stylus on the screen-as I found out after reading the very small, detailed print in the instruction booklet (I know, I know but I'm a reader)!

All in all it's a good game and perfect for any budding young farmers!
Age 10.
on 13 February 2010
After all of the hype on facebook, with Farmville and all of the other farming games, i thought that i needed something away from the PC and onto my DS. I found this, it's very addictive. You feed your animals, farm and harvest your crops.
It does get harder the more fields and farm space you have, as you have to sleep, and a full day just isnt enough for what you have to do. So you have to work out your priorities.
Overall it's a nice, slow and relaxing game for all ages.
on 4 March 2010
I bought this game having just completed Animal Crossing Wild World and thought "Yay! Another farm game!" But what a disappointment! The game starts off OK, but after only a short time descends into mind-numbing repetition, and made worse by the fact that the in-game time goes by so ridiculously fast that the day is over by the time it takes either to crop the fields or to feed the animals; there just isn't enough time to do both! Also, my game started freezing after a while, so I had to stop playing it anyway!

See one answered question