on 23 August 2009
this game rules! i bought it, unsure of whether it works on vista, i inserted it into my laptop, and it works. Not only that, it works amazingly, with loading taking no more than 20 seconds, and usually about 10! so doubly whammy, as its on a laptop, and on vista! I was extatic! Amazing game and everything was perfect, the delivery, service and the price was cheaper than buying ordinary sims 2! bargain!
33 Comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 February 2016
I have been a fan of the Sims since the first ever game was released, and I have tried every version, but I tend to always come back to playing the Sims 2. I feel it's the better out of all four versions.
I already owned this a while back, but then updated my laptop to Windows 8 which I discovered wasn't compatible, so I sold it (and all my other expansion packs) and, although I'm not complaining as it does come in at a close second, continued playing the Sims 4.
I then happened to read the reviews and questions on this game and it said that the game was compatible on Windows 10, which I now have. I thought brilliant! I can finally get back to playing my favourite version!
So you can imagine how quick I snapped it up.
Now I timed how long it took me to start it up. Two and a half hours. I tried everything, I went online to find suggestions and help, but nothing seemed to be working. It loaded up perfectly fine but the houses were just black boxes with blurry plumbobs above them. When I created a sim it wouldn't let me customise their hair or clothes.
There must have been a solution as a few people had commented here that it did indeed work on Windows 10.
Finally, light at the end of the tunnel. I switched compatibility mode to Windows 98 (almost twenty years ago) and it worked fine. Except when I clicked anything the screen would go black, and I had to Ctrl-Alt-Del to start it back up again, but I soon solved that problem too by launching up another program on my desktop, closing that program (not The Sims) down, fired up The Sims again and it was fine. I have to do this every time I start the game but it only takes five seconds and compared to the hours I spend playing, that's peanuts.
So I am again a happy Simmer and have realised just how much I do enjoy The Sims 2 much more than the others. Even after the time it took for me to finally get it playing again.
I understand this is a bit of an essay of a review. But I feel that I needed to note down how I resolved the issues in case someone wonders about the compatibility with Windows 10. It could save that person two and a half hours!
Thanks for reading.
on 31 May 2017
I bought this game to replace one that was lost and I received it and it won't install past 36% and the disk is covered in scratches. Not impressed at all, not worth £15
on 11 April 2017
The disk isn't even the original and I therefore can't play it. Disappointed.
on 18 July 2013
Very addictive game, the only problem I had with it was a glitch where the walls flash red all the time but once you get used to it, it doesn't bother me that much.
on 23 July 2017
As advertised
on 5 September 2014
Rubbish check compatibility first no refunds?????
on 7 June 2017
Forgot how good it was. Great quality. Worth the money.
on 27 November 2014
Wasn't double deluxe which I received, just standard sims 2!
on 2 June 2014
If you are looking for a game that you will enjoy for years and years upon yourself, this game is for you. I decided to buy the whole collection when it came out almost a whole decade ago, but recently sold it - but bought it all back! I loved it so much, I can't let this game out of my life. It's physically amazing. I prefer it compared to the sims 3, but sims 4 comes out later in 2014, so hopefully, it's even better. Great game to pass the time!