on 6 August 2016
This is the worst quality item I have ever bought.

I am replacing a Minky ironing board as the mesh has rotten through. I thought that this would be a great replacement.

First of all, Amazon are not capable of delivering this on weekends - their couriers need a special vehicle, so don't do what I did and arrange a Saturday delivery so that you can be at home to receive it!

I have now had 2 replacements for this item - they all have the same faults! The feet are not level, so regardless of what surface you stand it on, it will wobble. I don't just mean a little - it wobbles a LOT! This is an item that will have a hot iron on it - it's really not good enough.

There are several other smaller quality issues. The first board had come apart underneath and needed reassembling. The 2nd one also had a board that didn't sit straight on top of the legs.

Be warned - there seems to be zero quality checking for this product, and for the price, there should be.

The Minky was better quality and was half the price!

One other thing to bear in mind. This doesn't come in a box - it comes in plastic wrap that needs to be torn to unpack. If you need to return it, you will struggle!
15 people found this helpful
on 1 November 2017
Ordered this last week.. Arrived Tuesday and returned Wednesday.. Brabantia need to take a serious look at their quality control as this should never have made it out of the factory..
One leg was a whole inch off the floor and the board wobbled like crazy.. I could fit my big toe under the gap..
I worked in quality control and this would have never made it past me.. Someone needs their butt kicked for this..
I wouldn't sit my steam generator on it for fear of it toppling off..
Very disappointed with brabantia..
review image
5 people found this helpful
on 1 April 2017
Being almost 6 feet tall I have always suffered with my back when ironing, and this gave me an excuse to do less! Unfortunately, this board is SO HIGH I have no excuse not to iron for hours on end! Maximum height was too high, so really pleased to have to lower it. A bit fiddly at first but once you use it a few times its fine. The only thing I would say against it is the metal is a little thin and pops up and down if you apply too much pressure when ironing, or maybe I am too heavy handed? The most I have ever spent on an ironing board, and I don't like to spend a lot but I am happy I did. I have also just ironed single qulit covers (first time ever) and they fit side to side without having to manoeuvre them to iron flat, great, really great, no excuse now not to iron them..... enjoy
5 people found this helpful
on 12 August 2017
It seems to be level when opened, as ive seen other reviews say it isnt. Just check through the clear packaging to make sure the legs are not bent. In use, its abit fiddly to open as the one leg is held shut by a clip. Dont like that. The mechanism is good and the board can go quite high. Its not much bigger than my old board, just a little wider. The legs are chunky so hopefully wont fall apart. As for the mesh, that is thin so i wonder if steam will cause a problem there. I really wouldnt leave the iron flat on the end as it will burn. Im deciding if to send back as there are a couple of niggles, opening, mesh, iron rest. Returning requires you paying and amazon refunding upto £4.75. Thats a big minus point from me as a prime member
3 people found this helpful
on 9 January 2016
Wow! Never thought a board could be so sturdy and such a perfect size. I've breezed through the 'mound of doom' (aka the ironing needed doing)! Put the music on, made a cuppa (board is sturdy enough to rest the cup too) and it was done in half the time?!?!! Would never have believed ironing could be so easy with this board - guess the price is worth it! 🙈🙈
review image
9 people found this helpful
on 28 November 2017
as a recently separated man... my ironing was never good enough for herself, apparently..

i originally bought a very cheap ironing board. which i never liked, still - had it a while so paid for itself. this item is a different ballpark - but it's great to not have to bend to iron, and to feel fairly sure (very sure) that the board isn't going to collapse and throw duvet cover, iron and all on the carpet of the rented hovel.

solid investment. i expect this one will outlive me.

third world problem, seems odd to me that i have to stand on the wrong side of it to erect it (locking handle thingy). but am sure i'll get used to it.

oh, and had cause to contact customer services - who were brilliant. brabantia - good call.
2 people found this helpful
on 29 October 2017
This ironing board is HUGE - much bigger than i envisaged! It is very solid and substantial though, which I was looking for as lighter weight ones feel so wobbly. My old Brabantia, which I've had for about 35 years (since my mum told me I had to do my own ironing!) has recently fallen apart and I was looking for the nearest match I could find. It will be great for tall people as maximum height is almost up to my armpits! My one gripe is that I hate the cover. It seems to grip everything which makes for slow progress. I'm used to a metallic, heat reflective cover which let's clothes glide around on the surface easily, without undue friction. I'm planning to get a cover for this board asap, then hopefully all will be good! If it lasts as long as my old one I'd better leave it to someone in my will! :)
on 16 November 2015
We bought this to replace a 9 year old Brabantia board which had broken. Other brands seemed like toys in comparison so decided to stick with Brabantia. On unwrapping we had an issue erecting the board with the runners coming undone somehow. We managed to piece it together though and it's working fine now. This is a good size board which isn't as heavy as the old one. The board is very stable and the surface smooth. I seemed to finish the ironing in no time. The big downside for us is that the old board had a substantial lever on both sides for raising/lowering the board and this board only has a rather old-fashioned lever on one side. No big deal you might think but it means that the board is essentially set up for right handed people and we're both left-handed. The legs are also ergonomically designed so that the board can be used when sitting but again this only works if you are a right handed ironer. However as we generally stand to iron it's no big deal.

All in all it's a well made sturdy board from a brand we trust so will persevere.
3 people found this helpful
on 19 December 2017
What can I say ? Just fantastic. Sometimes you don't realise how awful something is until you replace it with something better. This is the ironing board to replace all inferior ironing boards. Sturdy - easy to up and down - fully adjustable - you can even sit down and iron if you want because the shape of the legs allows this. I can iron far quicker as you can just leave the iron face down on the heat zone whilst you re position garments on the board. It's quite big but folds fairly flat for storage - also the size is useful for sheets etc. It's great . I definitely get ironing done faster with it and let's face it ironing is not a task you want to spend any extra time doing!
on 31 July 2017
Item desc - really useful description and helped to make informed decision

Item packaging - terrible terrible packaging. Having paid for a premium product, I would have expected a sturdier packaging. See pictures attached. Main item is shrink packed in plastic and then two grey plastic postage envelopes cut and taped together to cover the product again. Shocking! During transport all four corners had been scuffed as is expected. At this price was expecting card board cover or the least have some card board cut out and cover the corners. Seriouse lack of quality and attention in packaging a premium iron board.

Item performance
Looks sturdy and is big compared to old ironing board. Support heavy steam iron unit at one end without fear of toppling over. Could be bit more sturdy but time will tell. Overal slightly disappointed and was expecting more.
review imagereview imagereview image