on 1 July 2010
After the tough winter of 09/10 our lawn was in very poor condition, in fact the worst post-winter 'look' I can recall since we moved here over 20 years ago. Dead patches, weed infestation etc. It looked awful.
We applied Evergreen 4 in 1 Complete and within 2 weeks the transformation was jaw-dropping! New growth, a much 'greener' look and the weeds (esp dandelion) took a real hit.
Luckily I was able to apply it using an old hand-held shaker/spreader - I've tried a push-along spreader in the past and found it to be difficult to get an even spread.
Pros: Gives the grass a real boost and kills/suppresses weeds.
Cons: Slight 'seaside' smell off the lawn for 3 or 4 days and you have to be careful not to get it on shoes, patio stonework etc.
on 9 August 2013
I bought this because getting to fertilise the lawn, kill weeds and kill moss all in one go sounded great. The lawn had previously been neglected and at one point had looked more like a summer meadow with dandelions, daisies and plantain galore.

Having read mixed reviews of spreaders and droppers I decided to spread by hand, although I did do a lot of science to it weighing out how much per m2 and using a square metre template. Fortunately my lawn is not too big that this was still practical. I watered it in several hours later and let it get to work.

Let's start with the immediate downside. Despite my careful (scientific) spreading I still ended up scorching patches with some worse than others. These were areas where the grass turned black and pretty much looked like it had died. I was not amused but watered some more and thought I'd see what happens.

3 weeks on, overall the results have been great. Dandelions have drastically reduced in numbers, daisies are now a much rarer sight and the grass has a new found green colour I didn't know it had. Almost glowing green in places. The scorched patches have almost totally recovered but I'm wary about using the all-in-one again in case I do more damage next time. I might have to convert to separate weedkillers and fertilisers.

Whatever you do, it's much better to under-treat your lawn when spreading than apply too much and turn the grass black and kill it. Happy spreading.
on 8 August 2009
Did what it says it would do on the packet.

It was nice to have such a heavy item delivered direct to my garden shed.
on 3 May 2010
The best product I have used so far. With free delivery, it was cheaper than any where else. Given its weight, it was very convenient to have it delivered. What a surprise I had when it was delivered on Easter Monday (a Bank Holiday). I am very proud of my Lawn and, given the size of it (100 Sq Ft), I spend a lot of time looking after it. It only took 2 days to see results. It turned much Greener and was growing pretty fast (Longer & Thicker). The weeds already started fading away. If it is looking so great now, I cannot wait for the result of the second treatment especially the weed control. Amazon do not mess about when it comes to value for money, service, & delivery. Thank you Amazon, & good luck keen gardeners.
on 26 September 2014
I have used this a number of times now with a Scott drop spreader. I have watered it in each time as it has been at my parents' house and I would not have been able to get back within the stated 72 hours had it not rained. Except for one time when the sky blackened as I was finishing. Each time it has improved the lawn, killing weeds and moss and leaving verdant grass that my mother feels is the best in the neighbourhood. It will stain paths as it it says so be sure to brush or hose any stray granules back into the lawn.
on 12 June 2016
The formula seems improved, it appears to have done a better job this year. Maybe the weeds are different, however I've got to use something on my lawn every year. This came in at one of the cheapest prices for a brand that I have previously used and trust the results.
on 16 August 2010
I bought this after reading other reviews as we have a very large garden with a whole of weeds, nettles, clover, moss etc. I used this (would definitely recommend buying a spreader if over a large area!!) and to start with thought I'd completely killed my grass, but this was temporary and it soon became greener (maybe not within the 7 days it says on the packet, but then our garden was particularly bad.

I've since used it again and the grass looks amazing, the only thing I would say is that I can't seem to kill the clover, so maybe I need a specialist product, but I did think it was a common weed and would be included. I do have the odd weed, but on the whole the grass looks fab! And this size product including the extra free is amazing value considering the price of a small packet in your local garden centre
on 3 September 2010
Was always a bit sceptical when it comes to 'miracle' garden stuff, but took our chance on this large bag and gave it a go. Used the evergreen spreader to apply it, and within a few weeks the lawns were transformed - can honestly say its the best its looked since we moved in 7 years ago! Has kept the dandelions and other weeds away all summer. Definately worth a go!
on 28 May 2015
This is a very effective product. A word of caution, ensure that you sweep up any residue from footpaths, drives and patios immediately; this product causes severe staining if allowed to remain on such surfaces. Removing the stains can be quite challenging. I have stopped using the Scott's Rotary Spreader and switched to a 'drop' spreader.
on 15 May 2010
I have used this product for a number of years and find it very good as I live in a wet pocket and get a lot of moss one treatment fixes it for the summer gust a young 78 year old D Lee