Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 16 November 2008
One of my fondest memories from childhood is sitting down with my parents and watching Count Duckula on TV.

It's a very funny, clever cartoon with some jokes for the parents. I still enjoy watching it now (i'm 26) Nanny just cracks me up!

The theme music for it is really fun and creative and your kids will love it! It really sticks in the memory.

I have a baby son at the moment whos a little too young to appreciate it but when hes a little older I plan on sitting down next to him to watch this great box-set and I know he'll love it as much as I did when I was his age.
on 5 April 2011
As a retro cartoon geek I couldn't resist this box set.
Being a child of the 80's I have fond memories of watching these cartoons on the TV, and upon entering the first disc into the DVD player and hearing the opening theme song after all those years the memories just can flooding back.
So what do you get for your money? you get 7 discs containing every episode made, plus bonus features of interviews, still galleries and a how to draw Count Duckula feature.
The presentation of the set is in keeping with the show, from cobweb graphics to the preview stills it all fits in perfectly. For such a large amount of content it fits in my DVD collection great, taking up the space of about 2 regular DVDs. My only complaint is the lack of a booklet/leaflet with each episode and a quick synopsis, yet i can forgive this as each disc has the season and episodes contained within printed on it.
The quality of the content is superb, I own quite a few old cartoon collections on DVD and the sound and visual quality can sometimes be lacking, almost as if they have just been ripped straight form a old VHS and plopped on a DVD. No such worries here, the visuals and sounds are brilliant and clear.

What about the show Itself? the premise is that A dynasty of Vampire Ducks have ruled over transylvania for centuries. During the latest reincarnation Loyal Servants Igore and Nanny Botch up the recipe and create Count Duckula, who is supposed to be evil and malevolent, But to Igore's disappointment, turns out to be a vegetarian Vampire. The Show follows the constant misadventures as Igore tries to release Duckula's inner Evil. The Count tries to bring Happiness to himself and those around him all while trying to avoid being killed by Crackpot Vampire hunter Dr Von Goosewing. Nanny Forever trying to show her love for the Count, Her 'little Ducky Poos' while constantly wrecking the castle. And the occasional appearance of a surreal family member.
If you never heard of Count Duckula, chances are you are either too old or young to have experienced it. Does this mean it isn't for you? Not at all! For the kids it has funny slapstick humour, plus what could be funnier than a vegetarian Vampire Duck? For the adults there are quick one liners and groan worthy puns littered throughout.

A Highly recommended purchase for Kids of the 80's and everyone else with a sense of Humour and a pulse (pulse being optional).
on 5 March 2011
I bought this for my wife as one of those 'nostalgia' presents. I have since had the pleasure of watching some of the episodes casually, whilst doing other things - but I found myself being distracted far more that usual! This is very much in the style of Danger Mouse with humour interjected for all age-groups, with David Jason offering his usual stock of expressive voices. I must confess to have been surprised by the number of episodes, there were many more than I thought there would be.

Pleasantly surprised by the transfer quality, too.
on 18 July 2017
I wanted my younger children to see what my older children used to watch .....and yes they love it ...you can't beat count duckula
on 19 September 2017
Absolutely loved watching this as a kid, felt all nostalgic watching it again!
on 11 September 2017
😂😂😂😂😂 Brilliant!
on 8 June 2017
excellent
on 3 May 2017
love
on 26 April 2017
The complete series,what more could you ask for
on 8 February 2009
Fang-tastic fun with Duckula and his co-horts. Great collection and David Jason at his very best (better than Danger Mouse).