Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 27 reviews(1 star). See all 361 reviews
on 1 May 2017
After reading another review with photographs provided by Hario, it would appear that the grinder I bought from Swarovski Quality is counterfeit.
Beware of sellers that have very few reviews or have just launched that are selling this product!

At first I thought this grinder was great, but after less than 2 months use a plastic part on the grinding spindle wore out and now the grinder is useless, for the bin. Such a shame that such a good product could be let down with such a small plastic part!
on 8 September 2017
This product is a Chinese fake.
Does not work well.
Evidence elsewhere states that these identified woth my product are key difference to the original:
No ridge lines on the measuring cylinder.
Plastic base without a lid.
No Hario branding on the burr.
No burr cleaning brush
on 17 March 2017
Product broken within only 1 week of use - the plastic bit in the middle now freely rotates about the crank meaning it wont grind anything. Very unhappy as it is not a cheaply priced unit, but is very poorly manufactured.
on 12 March 2017
The item broke / got irreversibly stuck after 1.5 months of use (grinding coffee once a day) - no chance to dismantle it either. Not a Swarovski quality at all!
on 27 February 2015
The metal strip where the handle attaches is made out of butter-like material. After 3 months of mild use (weekends only) I managed to damage it so that the handle has nothing to grip on and turn the mill. I'd advise anyone to stay away from this product. There are many other manual mill of better quality that might be slightly more expensive but will last you more than 3 months.
review image
on 7 April 2017
We sent it back because it appeared to be badly made and faulty. We bought directly from Amazon, because we had read about so many fakes on the market. There is a great review on Amazon showing pictures of a fake and of a real unit, and this one sold and supplied by Amazon had all the hallmarks of a fake one. In addition the handle did not fit on the unit properly.
on 25 March 2015
This is a neat, dinky, attractive grinder, just the right size for my needs: I grind 24g of beans first thing, for two cups of filter; later I grind 15g for a single Aeropress cup. It grinds very well, and I like the adjustable grind feature. But.... My first thought was it felt rather flimsy. After a couple of weeks' use it shows no sign of breakage. But I think the central spindle is poorly designed - or uses low grade steel that's too soft. It might be Japanese, but it's manufactured in China...
The handle has a pentagonal socket which fits over the drive shaft: this gives good leverage and doesn't come off while grinding, unless you're clumsy. Getting it off is a different matter - a problem exacerbated by use. It is extremely stiff after use, stuck in place! The drive shaft top is becoming scored and gouged, very obviously damaged, even though I'm not overloading the grinder or using excessive force. I tend to leave it until next time, when the thing has sort of relaxed a bit, and even then it takes some fiddling and levering to prise off the handle. This makes the whole structure bend and twist, and I'm concerned it might break after a while.
Maybe I have a duff example - I don't know.
EDIT - two months later... Maybe I do have a duff example, or maybe this grinder is not what it's cracked up to be: the grind handle has scored the spindle so badly that it's slipping, and if I were to continue it would I am sure be useless within a couple of days. Fortunately Amazon is taking it back for a refund - but this grinder is very poor, to die after a mere two months' use. I haven't overloaded it: the manuf's spec is that it will grind up to 24gm of beans, and mostly I've used it to grind 15gm - not daily, in fact it wasn't used at all for over three weeks while I was abroad. I suspect poor steel quality - made in China....
99 Comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 April 2015
After four months of use this grinder become difficult to use as the lever would not easily come off, see photo.

By the end of the 5th month, it has proved to be impossible to remove the lever, so I have got just five months of regular use out of this product. I have contacted the supplier to see what they can do and will keep you posted, but in the meantime, caveat emptor.
review image
on 2 January 2016
Such a shame - this looks nice, takes up very little space and while it worked produced a reasonable grind for a cafetiere

However - the initial awkwardness in prising off the lever once the coffee was ground never improved. It could take several minutes of persuasion to prise it off (very frustrating when you're ready for your coffee and the ground coffee seems ready for you) and at best still required a tussle. I tossed it into the bin in the end and went back to ready-ground

Really really poor design because although it looks cute, the function is poor to abysmal. Save yourself the frustration!
on 18 May 2015
I have had this grinder for 5 months now and i have about 8 cups of coffee a week using this grinder each time. It has just failed and from what i can see this is a common fault that many people on coffee forums are finding. The connection linkage with the handle has worn completely down and will no longer grind (it just spins). It's a real shame as every other component of the grinder is good. I have asked hario for a replacement shaft but I am not very hopeful. I'm now looking at other grinders to purchase