on 10 July 2017
I'm writing about the Pinguin book hardcover!
The book is amazing. Better than other editions I looked through while searching for one to buy.
Important notices that I had to search outside Amazon by myself:
- Yes, it has original illustrations! Just in right format and in original order, like in old published books from childhood.
- Yes, all text shapes are here, when poems should be shaped as swirls, etc.
- The book has white textile cover. It very easily soiled! My book received couple dirty marks while being sent by post, so be careful.
- The print of flamingos is fragile and goes off easily - I had to leave price label on the back, because it just peels off with sticker; so as nails, coins, keys and even phone in a bag with a book will destroy it for sure, if there is no protective sleeve on the book.
I'm very happy, it's just what I was looking for, as original as possible =)
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 November 2016
Very poor. Described as "annotated" but the annotations [1], [2], etc are not linked to any notes whatsoever so you're left with an incomplete semi-draft version of Alice in Wonderland.
on 9 June 2016
3.5/5 stars

This is the first e-book I obtained for free after deciding revisit children's classics which I never got around to read when young. It's about a young girl going on an adventure in a magical land after following a rabbit down a hole. I saw the 1985 TV movie of Alice in Wonderland in the late 1980s, and I remember enjoying the movie more than the book. I didn't seem to connect with Alice while reading. This version of the book includes John Tenniel's original illustrations, which are lovely. Overall, recommended for children.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 11 December 2016
Neat ereader edition, well formatted throughout and with the benefit of the Tenniel line drawings from the original edition.

It is what it says and I like it.
on 3 March 2014
This is a sequel to Alice in Wonderland, and unlike most sequels it is better than the first. This time we are told right at the start that Alice is dreaming, and the interest of the dream carries our interest as she climbs through the mirror on the mantel-piece finds everything back to front.
The style is polished and the plot coherent as Alice travels across a chess board country with the aim of becoming a Queen. En route she meets a number of fascinating characters, and some of the best nonsense verse in the English language.
It is a child's book, but the quality of the writing and the concepts (Carroll was a mathematician) make it a good relaxing read for adults too.
It's nicely laid out and as a bonus it doesn't cost much.
on 19 April 2017
When I talk about this book, and the cause of my rating, it is not due to the actual content of the novel. This novel is my favourite of all time. However, I do collect Alice in Wonderland books. This particular one, however beautiful, the pages have fallen to oxidation, which is unfortunate. Evidently, most books will be subject to the process of lignin in the pages turning them yellow when met with sunlight or air. However, I didn't want to order one brand new and expect this. I am just a book snob.
on 5 September 2016
I was very impressed to find all 4 books for such a low price. Although I have not yet read all 4 book I have had a look at them through the grid view on my kindle and they all look fine. The books are all stored in one section on your kindle layed out from the first book till the last book. I would recommend this to anyone interested in reading all the books in the series.
on 29 June 2014
Thoroughly ripped off, this edit has stripped away so much of the language of the era and dummed it down - , dont buy!
on 2 January 2017
If I could give zero stars I would. This is not what I expected from an illustrated edition. Font sizes change. Advertising the audio version throughout. Thoroughly appalling
on 18 March 2017
Purchased thinking it was four books only to receive one very thin paperback. Very disappointed. I wish I had read the previous reviews. Returned for refund.