on 20 February 2009
I came on amazon to buy long way down and i was excited about seeing it, i dont know why i read reviews on it before purchasing it but i decided to and i have to say, all the negative comments put me off a bit! I still bought it though and boy am i glad i did!

They have done the perfect thing with this sequal, they shortened the preparation and have made it only one episode so as to avoid series repetition and i really like how much they focused on the cultures they were visiting. Some of the stories they are told are incredible!

A bad point for me was the whole group dynamic at the beginning...it was a bit worrying how they didnt seem to be having as much lads fun as normal and it didnt surprise me that it erupted a few episodes later! After they handled that very well i must say it started to be exactly how i wanted it to!

As far as Ewans wife goes...it was quite interesting seeing her there as a different dimension and shes only there for 1 episode! not a big deal at all!

If you want a hardcore bikes on there own adventure story about people really mucking in dont get this DVD...if you want to see two guys having a laugh riding through some amazing places and showing great cultures and telling great stories...this is the series for you! no its not riding in its purest form...but at the end of the day WHO CARES!
11 Comment| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 April 2014
excellent dvd 3 discs of charley and ewan riding the long way down similar to long way round this dvd incorporates their charity events and has lots of unseen footage, an absolute must for any biking enthusiast as you see their trials and tribulations with different landscapes and terrains and their fight to keep their machines upright. great series love these guys anyway and the fact they are bikers is a bigger bonus a must see!! even if you watched it on the box years ago its well worth revisiting the episodes again
on 11 October 2010
As much as the hype regarding LWD was not as much as LWR, Im still a huge fan. I applaud this team for taking on such this African journey. I am originally from Africa & let me say that I would not do this on a bike! These guys are terribly entertaining & we found ourselves glued to the TV watching some funny scenes over & over just for the laugh. Hooray to them for being so active in the UNICEF support structure. We need more heroes. My heart broke a million times watching these bits. All in all, a good bunch of guys just having fun. A definite keeper!
on 22 April 2013
The first set I had I could not play the end of disc 2 on, (didn't try disc 3), so I sent it back and got a new set, which played disc2 a few minutes more than the original set until it gave up and couldn't play the end of disc 3 either.

I have none of these issues on 'The Long Way Round' set so I can only conclude that these discs are a tough test for any DVD player. I have a newish Toshiba player.

So if you can play the DVDs it's great stuff, but be prepared to need to buy a new DVD player to see it all.
on 29 October 2016
Great follow up the The Long Way Round which I already have leaves you wanting the pair to do another Road/Offroad trip and has given me thoughts of trading in my Suzuki Huabusa for a GS 1200 BMW.
on 30 May 2014
No where near as good as Long Way Round. You can feel the tension between the two stars because of Ewan, who wants his wife to ride along with them on a stretch of their journey. To be honest I haven't watch all the episodes yet as I lost interest.
on 15 September 2015
An excellent watch for anyone into adventure biking/touring & to be honest also a good watch just for the entertainment value.
on 19 March 2017
Great item & quick delivery.
on 3 August 2016
Beautiful DVD. Makes me want to travel through Africa
on 3 December 2016
Great present. Thanks for the prompt delivery.