Format: DVD|Change

LOVE THIS JUST THE TICKET
on 13 May 2017
Lovely dvd
on 13 March 2011
Most things when you look back at them are not quite as good as you remember, Paddington is the exception.
This DVD is the complete collection of all the episodes, each one is only 5 minutes long so the children wont loose interest before the end.
The stories are charming and will entertain children of any age.
A great DVD that should be kept for every generation to enjoy!
on 8 June 2017
buy this
on 14 September 2010
Firstly, let me just say this is an excellent watch. This is the original series aired in the 70s narrated by Michael Hoarden. I purchased it for my daughter, although I have to say it is a delight to watch as an adult. It's very whimsical as Paddington goes about his daily business in London, creating havoc and accidentally making everything right, all within the space of 5 minutes.

The picture and sound quality are OK - very good considering the source material is nearly 40 years old. What lets this down however is bad DVD authoring. For example, the Play All option on disk 1 should happily trundle through the 46 episodes on that DVD, however Play All starts at episode 1, will play up to episode 10, and then return to the main menu. To access 11 onwards you need to select Play All, and then skip to start the relevant episode. Failing that you need to select each episode individually - rather annoying due to the stories short running times.
on 1 February 2010
I just got this today, but I've already seen a few episodes and they're great. I've also seen some episodes on the web, which convinced me to invest in this set. The stories are cute, as is the style of this show, 2-D characters and sets and a 3-D Paddington. I like the character of Paddington as well. He tries so hard to do good, yet he fails at times but still keeps on going, happily along. What's not to love about him.

This set is awesome. The suitcase set is pretty nice. Not a work of art, but a great touch. If you don't like weird boxes, this set houses the DVDs in four separate regular DVD cases, so you can ditch the box if you want. I like the design of each case, as each has a real clear picture of Paddington. Speaking of picture, the video is a tad dark, but still really good, as well as the sound. I have no way to compare this set with The Complete Paddington Bear [DVD] [1976] (well, I do, but that would involve rebuying the entire series :)). I only picked this suitcase set because I don't like double sided discs and I felt safer getting this set to avoid this. Also, even if the two disc set had single side discs, it meant that more episodes were crammed into each disc, thus possibly affecting the quality of the episodes and specials. That's just my process of picking which set I wanted. As I said, I didn't know much about either, so I just picked. Only cost 2 pounds extra for this set, so I felt this was the better choice. (Definitely has the better packaging :)).

All in all, this is a great set. If you like cute, short stories, I recommend this set of 56 five minute episodes and three specials.

***HOWEVER, there is something I should warn you, especially fans of the show who want all 56 episodes with all three specials: The outside cardboard strip says there's 56 episodes, but the listing on the back of the fourth disc only goes to 55. DO NOT PANIC. You can check episode guides, every episode is included, as are the specials. The problem lies on disc 3's, Paddington in Court, listing. The episodes Paddington Clears The Coach and Picture Trouble are both listed as episode 38. That is all. I even counted each listing and I came to 56. It was a simple misprint, something that took me several times to notice. Again, if you're reading the fourth disc listing and you panic at the sight of 55, it's a misprint. Kind of a pain, but not enough to deduct a star. It was an honset mistake anyone could make and this is still a cool set.
11 Comment| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 May 2009
My daughter had been doing a project about Paddington at school and had become very interested in him. When I saw this DVD for sale I thought it was perfect gift. It became even more interesting when we began to watch it and I discovered it was the Paddington that had been televised when I was a little girl, hence it brought back great memories.
on 26 February 2015
Wasn't for me so can't comment but person I bought it for was delighted.
on 13 June 2017
Disapointed
on 14 December 2014
Love seeing all the episodes again, however, the sound quality, except for the menu page, is appalling, very muffled and need to turn the TV up high to hear it! Watchable but remember to turn the volume down before you watch TV again!