Customer reviews

Colour: Cherry Red|Change
Price:£239.00 - £297.06

on 15 November 2014
I am 55, and i have owned quite a lot of guitars in my time. I owned an original Gibson SG {1973 issue} and a Gibson E.B Bass {1969 issue} both of the Gibsons were of highest quality and a dream to play. Times were hard, the bands i played in broke up and that was it, i needed cash so i sold my precious instruments. All of that was many moons ago, and i have owned some other guitars since, one i still have got is a Fender Telecaster... it plays well, but not my kind of guitar in both looks and sound - this was given to me. I must say that i never thought i would get another chance of getting a decent guitar again, the SG is still the guitar for me, and i have been lucky enough to have some cash to treat myself, this i did when i saw this Vintage VS6 SG. I knew one thing only when ordering this guitar, the makers "Vintage" I knew they made good guitars. I will now tell you that, the "Good guitars" aren't...they're "Fantastic guitars" ! When this beauty arrived i was instantly happy with the looks and the finish of the instrument. I tuned her up {i pulled the strings up and down a few times} then retuned her. I did this twice {it's best to do this - trust me} She stays in tune perfectly. There is absolutely no need for me to set the guitar up, the action is already good enough and the intonation is spot on. The machine heads and the rest on the hardware is excellent, the pickups/pots/socket are smooth and noise free. The finish of the instrument is marvelous. Would i recommend this YES. Marks out of 10 = 12 :-) Keep on Rockin' i will !
on 2 March 2016
I recently got one of these for my teenage son & was not expecting too much, they are cheap instruments, however, the guitar is brilliant! the finish & build quality is faultless. No high frets & everything works as it should. I did have to spend a bit of time setting it up, adjusting truss rod, intonation etc. & fitting a decent set of strings. Once done I was very impressed, I have a lot of high end Gibsons & Fenders, this is nearly as good at a fraction of the cost! I'm now seriously considering buying a V100 Lemon Drop les Paul copy to stand in for my custom shop Gibson, it is that good.
on 23 February 2014
I bought this not expecting too much in honesty, but it is a little gem! The build quality and finish is as good as any Epiphone (and yes I do own an Epiphone), and even the standard pickups sound good. It's a full mahogany body and set neck, Wilkinson pickups and tuners, hardware etc.
My only criticism is the frets, too shallow, they really need to be medium at least is required, trying to set it up (and you will need to) is proving a pain due to fret buzz, but out of the box, the action is ridiculously high!
on 8 December 2015
I'd like to start by saying That in my collection I have a Ginson les paul USA and a Fender tele delux USA. When I was 9/10 I was bought this guitar as a birthday present, it was second hand at the time. There are minor changed to the latest model; new and improved tuner ETC. Over the years the guitar got wrecked but this month I decided to fix it up to how it was, I replaced the pickup selector, tuners ETC. To my surprise this guitar is amazing (in my opinion) the neck on mine feels great and I sprefer it to Ginson SG necks as think the fatter neck works on a les paul but not on an SG. It sounds really good and lately I've been picking it up more than my Fender and Gibson ETC. At this price this has to be the best guitar you can buy! i own a ukulele that cost me more than this... I would recommend a setup at a local music store as they're not allways the best out the box but if you're starting out it won't be an issue. I have cleaned oiled the fretboard, got a nice set of strings on it and it sounds absolutely fantastic, it really reminds me of when I was younger and This guitar really is for me, it fits me like a glove and just sounds how I want it to sound. My others are great but this is to me the soulmate of guitars. I would easily pay £500 for this guitar so for the price it's a must, doesn't even have a bolted neck (good) What more could you ask?!?
on 11 October 2012
This was the second guitar i purchased after i had grown out of my beginner Yamaha starter kit, i don't know how long it's been in production for but i can say after a VERY long time i still have mine and it's just as good as it was. Undoubtedly mine has taken a lot of wear, the only thing that has been a problem is when i've had to repair the electric wires inside, for some reason the knobs used to break them when turned, that's been rectified now but watch out!
Apart from that all the original parts still work! For me personally all i wanted to do was play fast punk rock and learn the songs of my favorite bands from The B-52's to Iron Maiden, i think this guitar is suitable for that at an affordable price. It also looks great, obviously being young the SG was the holy grail of guitars among others.
on 27 June 2015
guitar not balanced and selector switch does not work
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 June 2015
Delighted. Arrived in a couple of days, packaged so well that it came out of the box in tune and ready to play! Must agree with all other reviews, this is an excellent guitar for the money. Must also give a big thumbs up to the seller - Hot Rox UK Music - who did a sterling job.
on 13 May 2014
I purchased this item, but was not happy so had to return it. and had no problems.
the customer service I received was 10 out of 10.
so if your concerned about customer service after your purchase, this is the company for you.
on 25 March 2009
This guitar is awesome. It is easy to play, looks good and sounds great. The gold hardware on the guitar doesnt seem to leave any horrible crackling noise being picked up on an amplifier. The way the guitar has been built makes it so easy to reach the high frets. The guitar's body is made from solid mahogony but still doesn't make the guitar heavy this is because the body has been designed well. I have previously owned a vintage vs6 in a different colour and as was the case the last time the string action was set perfect. I would recommend top quality strings so it sounds even better as the srtings that come with it are just average when played.
on 15 November 2015
Ordered from DJM fantastic guitar. Did have issue with rhythm switch not working contacted the customer services and arranged collection and returned fixed. The look and sound is amazing. I've had a vintahe bass and a vintage les paul gold replica and with this guitar are all brilliant sounding and quality guitars for prize.