Falcon Enamel 14cm Milk Pan Cream
Style: Milkpan-Cream|Change

on 6 September 2016
Love it! I have always used enamel oven trays and baking dishes etc. I love them - you can get them really clean just by soaking and with a gentle scrub of a stainless steel scrubber no matter how burnt on something could be. Enamel has out lasted any other type of dish I have had over decades. So when I needed a new milk pan as the handle was failing on my stainless steel one I was really happy to see it was still possible to get these enamel pans (just like my great granny had when I was little). I heat the milk and whisk it frothy for my coffee in this every morning and It makes me happy to use. I soak it and then either wash it out with a scrubber sponge - it comes up beautifully with no scratch marks . Although because of the colour you do need to run a finger around the inside at the base to make sure there is no white milk residue. When I have washed the pan in the dishwasher there has sometimes been a bit of white baked on residue left behind. The handle is metal so of course does heat up - so just be careful.

Update: October 2016 - The pan got dropped on my slate floor and a chip of enamel came off the bottom. The force also caused a chip to come away inside the pan at the bottom - and sadly it is flaking so will need a repair or to be junked as I can't risk flakes of enamel getting in the milk. Warning: do not drop on a hard floor. Perhaps this is why stainless steel is now so popular for pans.
on 12 April 2015
I love this little pan so much that I have ordered another 3 to go with it. This pan is on the small side but it's perfect for me as i live alone so if you have a large family you wouldn't benefit from it, I use it to cook veg as ideal for 1 person and to heat milk for my Cappuccion's. When heating the milk you do get the burnt milk sometimes on the bottom or side of the pan but all you need to do is let it soak for half an hour in hot soapy water and it will come clean for you or if you burn it bad just put hot water in the pan on the hob then add a tsp of Bicrbonated soda to the pan and let it do it's magic (simmer for half an hour or longer if you burnt it badly). Oohh another thing is that the handle does get very hot but I'm sure everybody has a cotton tea towel or oven glove in there kitchen.
on 13 May 2013
Well made and although enamel, quite easy to clean after a short soak. The base has not scratched unlike some expensive frying pans I recently bought. Handle does get hot which I expected anyway, but not too bad. Unfortunately, I was unable to find out if it is dishwasher safe so I do wash by hand. I have used it regularly mainly for sauces and it still looks like new. I imagine it will last well. Very pleased.
on 20 August 2011
If you are a fan of the old traditional enamel-ware, this is a must-have. Perfect size for making small amounts of sauces or boiling eggs.
Easy to clean if you leave it too soak for a few minutes, I don't bother with the dishwasher for small pans! Hardwearing surface can be cleaned with nylon scourer.
If you are not used to enamelware, take care as the handle gets very hot!
on 29 November 2013
I bought this to use for homemade hot chocolate. I use it all the time now. It's the perfect size for a large cup for one or 2 normal sized cups for two. It's easy to clean (even when the chocolate has dried!) and looks really cute and retro.

Update - I've had the pan for over three years now and use it nearly every day for different things. It's still in great condition! I wash it by hand with the soft side of the sponge.

Some things, like milk, can burn quickly as the pan heats up so fast but any burnt buts wash off well after a soak with no damage to the pan.
on 26 March 2012
This is so dinky and cute - Buy one!

Perfect for those small cooking jobs that you don't want to use a heavier pan for and because it's so dinky is easy to wash up. Love it, love it, love it. No really, I love it.

Wouldn't mind a couple more in bigger sizes, if they did them.
on 28 July 2017
My tiny favourite in the kitchen, bought for hearing milk for my Cortado, quickly moved up to eggs, now my main saucepan for portion control!
on 5 August 2017
An excellent and pretty little milk pan. Perfect for the stylish cook. Handle does not get hot. Dishwasher proof. Cleans up a treat even when stained.
on 27 March 2013
I love this little pan, I use it for hot milk, or just to boil an egg, which ever you want a little pan for, this will do the job.
I find an enamel pan is ideal for hot milk, it doesn't stick, & it is easy to wash.
Just remember the handle can get hot so use a cloth to remove it from the heat.
buy it.
on 21 October 2016
Ideal size for Rabbitskin glue - unfortunately it is too small to sit securely on my gas hob so it's somewhat limited in use for cooking - it might be better on an electric hob. nice enamel makes one hungry to look at that creamy surface.